[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is being friends with your ex always a bad idea?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: FB_IMG_1457609776406.jpg (20KB, 419x222px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1457609776406.jpg
20KB, 419x222px
Is being friends with your ex always a bad idea?
>>
Yes.
>>
Yes. Terrible idea.
>>
No. If all feelings are gone (or were never there) you may just as well.
>>
it can be a good idea but only if you have no feelings whatsoever

I'm friends with an ex and it's fun
>>
Depends how it ended. If it was mutual, you can be friends. If one of you did something, leave each other alone.
>>
>>17935850
I am in friendly terms with all my ex partners - all breakups were mutual and peaceful. We're not friends tho, at best we chat if we are out with mutual friends or exchange birthday/Christmas wishes.

I tried to stay close friends with one of them because I couldn't come to terms with losing him, but it made my current boyfriend uncomfortable so I cut my friendship with my ex.
>>
>>17935850

No. In fact, you can become sexbuddies, but that won't last, of course, until you meet new people.
>>
Why would it ever be a bad idea?
How can you even become a couple in the first place if you don't even get along enough to be friends?
>>
>>17937404

Because no matter how long you wait, it's hard to wash away the emotional bond you have with someone who you were inside of at one point.

If you would want to date your ex in the future, bad idea. If you are 100000% sure you would never ever have feelings for them again, go for it. But if you think being friends is a backdoor into reconciliation, you're fucking yourself over.
>>
If you're a guy, yes. This type of action will fuck over your chances at future relationships.

If you're a girl, no. You never know which idiot will be fine with funding you, feeding you and licking your pussy after decades of getting dicked down by other guys.
>>
Not everything is black and white. You have to look at what's best for you emotionally and logically and make that decision.
>>
I'm "friends" with my ex but it's awkward because nearly every conversation ends up with her casually mentioning something about her new bf. Also my current gf gets super jealous whenever my ex messages me.
>>
>>17937420
Exactly what this poster said. Not everything is black and white.
If you think you handle the friendship emotionally and mentally, go for it. Otherwise, it's usually best to just break off all contact- especially when one thinks there's a chance of getting back together.
>>
>>17937411
>But if you think being friends is a backdoor into reconciliation, you're fucking yourself over.

shit
>>
If you have feelings for them, it's a horrible idea.
>>
>>17937420
>>17937433
What these guys said. Drinking bleach doesn't always kill you, go for it. Nothing is black or white.
>>
>>17937427
Why torture yourself then lol sounds like you need to cut the cord
>>
>>17935850

Awful idea. One of my bros stayed friends with one of his exes and she started wanting to be a thing with me.

I didn't smash because bros before hoes but he hated the fact that she was flirting with his best friend.
>>
I'm in a situation where i work with my ex so i see her practically every day. Mostly for that reason i've decided to stay "friends" but i dont actively reach out to her. But, i havent made it clear that I absolutely refuse to not be anything but a BF, and for that reason we still talk casually from time to time and share things. I still want to be with her.

am i fucked?
>>
>>17935850
99% of the time, yes
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.