[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

divorce?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1483253524339.jpg (104KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
1483253524339.jpg
104KB, 500x666px
Ill cut straight to the point, i am going to be getting a divorce soon. How do i go about doing it relatively smoothly? My wife is a very vindictive person, and has laid hands on me in the past, including once where she gave me a black eye which was documented.
The thing is, she has a whole bunch of screenshots of me "flirting" (just talking to) other women who are friends of mine, and im willing to bet she'll try and have me accused of adultery based on that, which could drag things out forever. Is there a way i can make this quick and relatively painless or should i just buckle down and deal with how long itll be?

Tl;dr help me divorce my wife quickly please
>>
Lawyer here, not a family lawyer but here it is. Because we have a no fault system even if you did commit adultery probably it won't matter.

The court will likely just split your marital assets down the middle and be done with it. The cost of litigation she probably won't fight over every single piece of marital property.

Do you have kids? That is were things get tough.
>>
>>17935057
We do, we have a 2 year old. Ive read that this complicates things, and in my situation i wouldnt be allowed custody anyways, so i didnt plan to make that a fight.
>>
>>17935066

Child custody is were like 95% of divorce litigation stems from, so if you don't plan to fight it, I say you'll have a pretty smooth divorce.
>>
>>17935057
OP again, if you dont mind can you explain the no fault system please? Im pretty ignorant on legal things.
>>
>>17935057
Question about lawyers. Say if I get in legal trouble, what's better flat fee or hourly? I want a plan in the future in case I get in any sort of trouble and I want an A-lawyer

sorry unrelated

but seriously OP, there's no smooth ride for divorces, it's tough so get an expensive lawyer if you want to win, but expect him/her to shit all over your spouses image and reputation
>>
This is a fucked up question, but how much do you like your kid? You could sign an agreement where she has full custody in exchange for you paying $0 in child benefits. There's a very good chance that'll make things go by more smoothly. I haven't spoken to or seen my dad in years but I'm sure he was happy over saving who knows how much money over an eight year period.
>>
>>17935071

Fault Divorce = One party has to be at fault in order to get a divorce. For example classic fault reasons were adultery or abandonment. Courts would usually take into consideration ones fault when deciding how to divide assets, alimony, child custody ext.

Problem with fault divorce, not only could you not get a divorce without out fault, but courts would find themselves in the middle of spousal fights (Both spouses accusing either other of fault). And spouses would create fault just to divorce.

No Fault = The reasons for divorce don't matter and neither spouse has to commit some type of wrong to get divorce (may matter for child custody)
>>
>>17935078
I get that, i just want to get it over with, and im not sure if i can NOT snap the next time she hits me.
>>17935070
If thats really most of it, then hopefully ill be okay. Thanks for your help anon. >>17935081
I love my child, and i really only want the best for her, whether or not that includes me. Its actually a very touchy subject because she's the reason i stuck it out so long but i cant do this anymore, and i dont want her growing up seeing me spiraling into probable alcoholism.
>>17935084
Ah okay. I had googled it in the interim. Thanks again for your help.
>>
>>17935078

Honestly can't answer, it depends.
>>
>>17935086
For love of God, control yourself please because this will only be fuel for her to win the divorce battle.

If anything, record her hitting you. You'll win your kids, won't have to pay anything to her or split much if you do
>>
>>17935091
Ive done perfectly so far, literally took a punch to the face that gave me an immediate black eye and cut me and didnt lay a hand on her for any of it.
Ive been in my fair share of fights and i guess somewhere along the way i learned how to keep my cool under duress.
>>
>>17935031
>Tl;dr help me divorce my wife quickly please
Well you can start by telling us where you live...
>>
>>17935118
Georgia. Sorry, forgot to include that.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.