[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help building confidence?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1466917056808.png (235KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
1466917056808.png
235KB, 500x357px
I'm 26 years old, I wish I could meet people, but I dont know how to buikd cobfidence for it... I legitimately dont know what to do or how to start conversations, I also would like to meet girls, but I worry Im so dull I'd waste anyone's time...

Any tip on building confidence to make friends?
>>
remember that most other people feel just as bad or even worse than you
>>
You need to dig deep within your own thoughts. Write down your insecurities then ask why you're insecure about them. Ask yourself what you can do to feel more confident about them

Also write down things you do feel secure/ confident about then ask why you feel secure about them. Ask yourself what do you do that makes you feel more confident about them?
>>
>>17935539
This is really good advice. I would do this if I were you.

The book "How to win friends and influence people" really helped me learn to talk to people in a better way. I would recommend this once you have the confidence part down.
>>
>>17934583
On the same boat OP, don't know what to do.
>>
Google tips on conversation and body language. I finished high school before i looked at bit deeper at my social skillset and realised it needed work.

Some of us dont/cant pick up "natural" social queues and skills that many others can - there's no shame in it.

Theres a lot of non-verbal actions (posture, eye contact, etc) that you also must be aware of.

Conversation itself is easy.. start broad, and if the person is receptive to whatever is being said, then you can get more specific on your current topic.

If you need an ice-breaker, maybe share a situational observation (maybe something about the venue youre in; as its an easily relatable thing, since youre both in the same physical space)

I promise if you research and attempt to put the skills you have learned into practise you will become more confident and feel better about yourself (even just start out by putting the learned skills when you buy some food at McDonalds or whatever)

Build upon normal social interaction before tackling trying to pick up girls. You need a bit of confidence first, otherwise if you get rejected by a girl it might set you back heavily overall.

Theres nothing wrong with taking positive steps to improve yourself. It takes more guts to self-assess and decide you dont like something about yourself and working on yourself - rather than burying your head in the sand and ultimately being unhappy.

Best of luck.
>>
The other easy tip is being genuinely interested in other people (i know thats a fairly cliche thing to say)

Even if you think you are dull, its easy to ask people about themselves (and people generally love talking about themselves)

Just general shit to start off with - where'd you goto school? What do you do for work? Were you born here? What do you do for fun?

Then try and expand on their replies if you have any knowledge to add to the topic - then hopefully you can get a conversation flowing

It honestly doesnt take much to get people to like you if you show an interest in them

Who knows, maybe other people will share enthusiasm with the hobbies you have
>>
If you are legit babyman, I guess you can get away with cookiecutter conversational techniques to build confidence and get you off ground.

Google FORD technique and apply babyman
>>
Thank you for your replies. Thing is, >>17935539 I dont know what to talk about, I onky feel confident when ne and another person have interrsts in common, but being in 4chan, you know that ammounts to vidya and ny backwards third world country, that isnt as accepted as it is now in thevUS... I dont like soccer or any if my country's singers, I dont know how to kick a conversation. In my whole life, I was always that lonely kid at he playground/campus
>>
>>17936833
Self confidence doesn't mean follow some 12step program or memorize a few lines to whip out when talking with people. It means being comfortable in your own skin and not giving a fuck what everyone thinks and only being concerned with what you think of yourself.
>>
>>17934583
I'm reading 7 habits of highly effective people at the moment. It's a bit dry, but it looks good so far. The author makes the distinction between surface level behavioural changes that most self help books teach and deeper character changes which the author says is the key, as if you see the world differently, you will naturally behave differently. It's focus is on self mastery as the author puts it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.