[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

buddhism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Should I pay 40 bucks for a buddhism and meditation course been given a temple nearby? It's 40 and lasts a year.
I have severe, like severe enough I can't work, social anxietya and concentration problems related to asperger and read that buddhist meditation helps with anxiety, depression, concentration and so on. Should I pay for this course? The course is also on buddhism though and I don't really care much about religion though.
I'm afraid I pay and there's too much buddhism and little meditation and having paid 40 dollars I'd be going to the rest of the course cause I don't want to waste money.

It starts tomorrow morning by the way, so should I?
>>
>>17934365

its forty bucks, which isn't exactly small for a lot of people these days, but its small enough that you dont need to waste an entire year of your itme if you dont like it.

remember that time is money. how much is your time worth? if the course sucks and you can't get a refund, you'd be wasting more money by going than by quitting.

just sayian
>>
>>17934365
Naw. It won't work as well as some sort of mental help.
>>
>>17934398
I know but we don't have that much money for a continuous treatment when 80 bucks is the cost of just one appointment with a psychiatrist.

>>17934373
I only have 20 bucks so my dad was gonna help me with other 20. I don't want to waste his money even if it's just 20.
>>
there are jobs where people like you can succeed to some degree

I have aspergers and I work in a quality assurance lab

there's a lot of routine stuff which is good
>>
File: v4xxarB.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
v4xxarB.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>17934433
The thing is that I'm in my third year on a career to become an english teacher on my south american country.
I gave classes for 3 months once and my own students bullied me to tears. Then I realized I just can't be a teacher.

And I don't know what else I can do. Most careers require social interaction and without a degree it's impossible to live decently in my country.
Something like programming could work, it worked for my brother who isn't exactly the most sociable guy either although not to the level of phobia I have but I can't into numbers. I barely passed my math classes in high school and after so long, I can barely remember simple math so this limits what I can study.
>>
>>17934365
if you have an interest in meditation you should pursue it...but go with an open mind, not expecting to get or achieve something. be open to what can happen when you simply attend to your experience, and soon you may find you are free from anxiety. that's what happened to me
>>
>>17934365
Meditation helps, I read. The one I wanted to go to was cancelled this week, so I can't tell you on my account.
Google is your friend, and keywords are mindfulness, meditation, [your_area], and wordreference.com forums to find how are these actually translated in your language.

If you can find a less religious mindfulness group, but not a well hidden scam either, at an affordable price, go there instead.
If not, Buddhism isn't too bad, it shouldn't be about mindraping you into worshipping some deity while following stupid rules and paying loads. Some ideas might be good even if you're not into the whole thing.

>>17934486
>I gave classes for 3 months once and my own students bullied me to tears.
Sound like many teachers worldwide actually, even the less socially awkward. Well, some quit or suicide before crying in public, same difference.
>>
>>17934546
>before crying in public
Well I didn't exactly cry in public, I was holding my tears in front of the class but it was kinda noticeable and my overall demeanor changed for the rest of the day which the class noticed. I cried alone. Luckily it wasn't a normal school but extra classes as a community service.
However I will have to give classes in a public school eventually as practices and public schools here are riddled with drug and gang problems and the worst type of teenager society has to offer and they're many, like 60 per classroom so I'm really scared about what am I gonna do if drop out and start over again or risk it and finish it just to learn that it was pointless since I can work as a teacher.

And yeah I've read about mindfulness and meditation but it's really hard for me to practice it because of my attention deficit problems so I thought that guided in that temple it could help me.
But I'm worried the course is more focused on religion and not so much on meditation.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.