[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to stop reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: justfuckmyshitup.jpg (14KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
justfuckmyshitup.jpg
14KB, 456x320px
This will be more of a rant/blog than asking for advice.
I spent sooo much time on reading posts on r/getdisciplined and various articles on how to stop procrastinating and improve. I started doing things a few times, even stopped with games but I still manage to waste time on reddit/4chan/youtube. It's like I'm searching for the ultra best blog post on how to change but when I find it I just move on and do nothing. I feel like I need to find the ultimate solution but I actually know there will never be one if I don't take the first step.
I think I'm improving slowly but I still waste a lot of time by dicking around on the internet. So in a sense I know I should stop being a faggot and do shit.
Any advice on how to stop with this stupid behavior? How do I focus while on computer (want to learn web-dev)?
Should I stop going on 4chan? Honestly this seems like a shithole most of the time but there are gems from time to time.
Pic related, how I feel when I know I can change but don't do shit.
>>
Bump for op, I feel u bruh
>>
I never know if these are bait threads...guess I just have to unironically reply to them till the end of time...

There's no way to give you motivation on some text board over the internet. Either you want something or you don't. What yoda said is pretty true even if it's cliche. I can tell you that what made me push my life in the right direction was tragedy and impending homelessness. When you've been through difficult emotional struggles, I think it gives you clarity in your life. It shows you what you truly want.

It sounds to me like what you need is a person in real life to give guidance and/or structure, like a mentor. There is a surprisingly few amount of people who are able to completely pursue their goals wihout some form of support group or common interest friends - other people to inspire you on what you care about. Whatever you do, start small. You need to start small with your passion, else you will burn yourself out. I guess we can use starting a fire as a metaphor here - blow too hard and the flame goes out. 10 minutes a day for a week, 20 min the next, etc. Get yourself on a routine.
>>
>>17933555
Oh and yeah you should stop coming to this website. Most of it is no good, and the small bit that is can be found in larger quantities out there in real life.
>>
>>17933407
I feel you bro, been working on that same problem myself.

Keep some kind of record of how much shit you get done and make sure you break down your tasks each day into unambiguous chunks so that you can tell yourself for sure whether you've accomplished something or not.

That way can observe your patterns and see if you're actually improving even if it doesn't feel like it, or conversely not doing jack shit even if you're feeling good.

Don't give yourself points for shit you're supposed to do like the laundry, cleaning the house or cooking, unless your lifestyle is already so far down the drain that you need to re-establish the basics first.
>>
File: image.png (225KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
225KB, 2400x2400px
>>17933631
>>
>>17933637
Woops

>Don't give yourself points for shit you're supposed to do like the laundry, cleaning the house or cooking, unless your lifestyle is already so far down the drain that you need to re-establish the basics first.
>me

I gotta make a list or something
>>
File: feel.jpg (70KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
feel.jpg
70KB, 500x500px
>>17933555
Yeah I know how this seems like a bait thread.
Thanks for replying though. And yeah I think I do need change friends, not that the current friends are bad but they have different interests and habits which I'm trying to get rid of.

Worst case scenario I will get my shit together when some negative event happens, hopefully before that.

Thanks for taking the time. Also, nice digits.
>>
>>17933631
Yeah will do, thanks for replying.
Good luck anon.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.