[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1481725585877.jpg (40KB, 300x544px) Image search: [Google]
1481725585877.jpg
40KB, 300x544px
Guys did I fuck up?
Could've gone to a good IIT (indian institute of technology) but crappy branch(mining) but decided to go abroad to uni of Sydney but my choice of mech
Now I'm having second thoughts because of reading about how international students are treated like cash cows. What would've been better?
>>
>>17932856
I think you made the best choice given the circumstances.
>>
>>17932856
Indian studying abroad here.

IIT? Good? Hah! They are only as good as the student, not the teachers. Also, I don't think they break down how good they are based on discipline; for mining there are institutes of better repute in India.

And then there are the people you'll be studying with. For the majority of them, getting into the IIT is their life goal. Why because tons of cash when you graduate.

But most of all, which one? The older ones are way better than the new ones. And for all the hoopla, the goal of a college/uni education in India is to pass the exams, while that abroad is to understand your subject.

I am a biased. Did a master in India and in Germany. The former was a total and complete waste of time and the bad study and work habits I inculcated negatively affected my ability to excel in the latter.

And as to the cash-cow thing. India or abroad, you are a cash cow. But abroad, you'll almost always get what you paid for.
>>
>>17933704
Obviously the old top 5 IIT that's why getting mining bothered me so much
Anyway why did you do masters in india? I thought it was common knowledge that postgraduate in India is worthless
>>
Australia isn't exactly known for being friendly to international students, but assuming that you actually want to study mech and aren't just in it for the money, it was a better choice than staying and studying mining.
>>
>>17932856
Why didn't you go to Germany you cuck?

Tuition is free.
>>
>>17934997
Would have to learn German and waste 2 years, also studying a subject like engineering would be too damn tough
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.