[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alcoholic or Normal GF?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
Alright /adv/ I need an opinion.

My gf has always been a drinker, since day one that we met. Hell she was blacked out the first day we "met" but she remembered me.

Anyway long story short, been dating near 4 years now and she's still drinking. I, myself, have basically stopped (I don't find it fun anymore) while she continues. Now I'm all for going out and getting a few drinks after work with your friends or to wind down after a stressful day, but is 5/7 days of the week too much? I feel like I'm being judgmental here given that I used to drink as often with her.

She basically drinks around 5 out of 7 days of the week and when she doesn't its only because she's working until 3am when all the bars are closed, and she'll usually have a drink or two at home. If her friends and her go out they are drinking, never a doubt in my mind. Lately though she's been drinking more than what I think is acceptable for a social drink or after work wind down. She even admitted to basically driving home and not remembering it, a few days ago. She is always the driver despite me offering to pick her and her friends up and they all make more than enough to cab if they needed to.

She holds her job and does it damn well, make triple what I do and never misses a day so I can't complain there but I feel this to be unsafe behavior.

She claims that work stresses her out so much and she has so many bad days that she drinks to take the edge off. I am also making her unhappy and its leading to more booze. She wants to go on vacation (she'd pay for both of us) and I said I cant yet I'm still on probation for a new job.

I don't have a good scope of this because all my female friends aren't big drinkers or are married; or they are friends that hang out with my gf.

Anyway is this normal behavior for girls in the 19-25 range? or is she just being a spoiled twat and thinks she can do whatever she wants with no repercussions?
>>
Nah its not normal, it is on the spectrum for alcohol dependency

>or is she just being a spoiled twat and thinks she can do whatever she wants with no repercussions?

Lol I thought you liked this girl, savage. You obviously dont like the drinking but when you did the same and she's holding down a high paying job I dont see how you have much leverage to complain now. Its going to be a hard sell to convince her that its a problem, something bad would have to happen first but you could try talking to her. Just don't be a dick about it, leave your feelings at the door and focus on her feelings. Read up about how to properly talk with a loved one that drinks
>>
>>17932724
>or is she just being a spoiled twat and thinks she can do whatever she wants with no repercussions?
She's certainly not spoiled. As you said she's doing her job very well and earns mucho diƱero, she's functional.

That doesn't change the fact that she sounds like an alcoholic though. Drinking 5 days a week is unusual, not to speak of the amount of booze she is drinking. That's bad in the long term. Driving under influence is reckless and unacceptable, to many people die because of this shit.

Don't be a cunt towards her, she sounds like she really loves and cares about you, but as her boyfriend it is your job to take care of her as well. Tell her you're worried about her because you love her and offer help in any way possible. There are other ways than drinking to deal with stress.
>>
>>17932724
it will burn her out eventually, just give it time
>>
How MUCH does she drink, and does she drink alone?
Drinking socially is completely normal, especially to excess in the 19-25 range.
If she's getting wasted on 40s every day even if she doesnt go out then yeah shes an alky

t. Alky
>>
pretty much depends how much she drinks

if she takes like 2 beers to be 'plastered' then forget about it

if she's like some women ive known who drink like 1-2 bottles of vodka or 2-3 bottles of wine every day then yeah
>>
I think the volume of drinking is more important than the frequency of drinking. If she's going out 5/7 times of the week and is having three beers and calling it? That's no big deal, I'd say.

If she comes home every night and rips through 6 beers by herself? Definitely starting to get concerning, but ehhh... Could be worse.

The major concern here is her willingness to drink and drive - I think you definitely have a point here, and should really impress upon her that she can do whatever she wants to herself, but driving drunk could kill someone else, or at the least, ruin her career. I think most of us who drink have at least had a few more beers than appropriate and driven a couple of times, but that shit needs to be controlled.

Anyways though, like you said, this is how she was drinking when you met her. It's definitely not fair for you to expect her to change when you're the one who stopped liking alcohol after it was a part of your relationship.
>>
>>17932741
i am but she's said some pretty mean and petty things to me recently and is basically hindering my career choices by being not being supportive. she has the mentality that "im not like that, i can drive, im fine" after i witness her drink 2 doubles before leaving the bar, and however many drinks prior to that.
>>
Alcoholic. Addiction prone. Lack of self control. Future health issues from alcohol abuse. Cirrhosis. Age much faster. She might be great but she gotta stop the binge boozing. Fun when you're late teens early 20's but still doing it past 27ish is not very attractive. Fun sure but not taken seriously
>>
>>17932764
if she loves and cares about me why is she putting her life in jeopardy by taking a risk by driving? i have told her i worry about her, i dont care about other people.

>>17932781
>>17932794
>>17932850
some nights she'll drink a few beers and call it quits 3x 21oz pints, that's pushing a limit for me comfortably around her.

other nights they'll start at around 8pm and shut a bar down at around 1/2am. she isn't no light weight, she easily drank me under the table when we were out. two pitchers on a good night. but she likes to mix between hard bar and beer
>>
>>17932871
Toxic, man. Had a female acquaintance that did that shit. Drank and then either drove home drunk or had to rely on friends to drop her off while either being difficult or just plain stupid. Like who the fuck wants to deal with that shit when you're 30
>>
>>17932880
Either she goes to AA or you gotta cut her out of your life.
>>
>>17932850
we met 4 years ago, i was 22 and she was 21. she says she wants a future, to move in together and get engaged. I have a hard time seeing it with her out drinking every night and saying "i dont have time to clean or do laundry" when if she didn't go out she'd have the time. when the cat litter doesn't get changed for a week i start to get discouraged about having children together.

i dont expect her to stop, but i expect her to limit herself to days off at least or not hinder my career prospects by saying I can't work certain shifts when she can accommodate my schedule by changing her easily.

she's a waitress that's why she's pulling in so much more money than i am so she has cash at the end of every night. she's a damn good one i won't deny it but she saves nothing while drinking as much as she does. she wants to live together but she has none of it saved up to show me that it could happen. i have more than enough saved for a 50% down payment when the time is right
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 480x360px
>>17932895
https://youtu.be/M37HHf099oM

Its time anon
>>
>>17932895
>have a hard time seeing it with her out drinking every night and saying "i dont have time to clean or do laundry" when if she didn't go out she'd have the time. when the cat litter doesn't get changed for a week

this alone would make me reconsider unless she changed her ways real quick
>>
>>17932914
i just don't get it, is she bored?

she says she doesn't want to serve any more and i've tried helping her research something she could go back to school for but she just looks at me like im retarded, so i gave up suggesting.

she makes her hourly wage 36-44 hours a week plus tips. im hoping she at least banks her checks and just spends the tips. she has managed to save over 4500 in tips, in less than a month for a vacation she wants to go on. so that gives you an idea of how much she makes. it is really hard to find a job that pays better than that without a high education so i understand her reluctance to give it up. but logic dictates that you save the majority for when you want to stop serving and go back to school or at least buy a fucking house or car without instead of throwing it away shopping and drinking
>>
>>17932914
by the way, it disgusts me to no end. i refuse to stay over now when it gets like that cause its in her bedroom. i refuse to put my health at risk and my ocd goes insane
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.