[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of you dropped out of college?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Hwnc0Az.jpg (279KB, 1034x821px) Image search: [Google]
Hwnc0Az.jpg
279KB, 1034x821px
Just courious if anyone decided college/university is not for them and dropped out or never enroled in it in the first place.

What did you do after? What kind of work you do and is it satsifying financially-wise?
>>
>>17932161
I had to quit university bc my mom had no money and I had bad grades.
I've spent two years tying to get into a free one. In my country some people go through that. I've been trying to learn some french and look for sources of money for the future so at least I'll get done some shit I wanted to do when I get in, (not native engrishhh)
>>
>>17932164
Peru?

I was the same as you until I caved in and decided to get into a particular one. Have been 8 years since that. I'm still an undergrad, due to both failing classes, not giving a shit aboit going to some others, and actual financial issues that forced me to drop out.

However, Im back and better than ever. I work full time and the paycheck goes enterely to my uni, and then go to classes at night, from Monday to Saturday. This will be for about two more years. I dont mind, really. I want to be an Engineer no matter the sacrifices.

Just keep trying bro. After a while a national's admittamce exam its not so bad.
>>
>>17932161
I got my associate's degree from a community college, got a job in a big city and started a semester at a big college there for my bachelor's. Dropped out after about a month. While getting my associate's I had the luxury of being able to work part time at an easy student worker job, but I couldn't handle working full time and taking 6 credit hours, which I had to in order to be eligible for financial aid. So I dropped out, quit my job that paid fairly well and got a job in my field.

Not the best job, but it pertains to my interests. I like it. Pay is shit but I'm way happier there than I was at my other job, which I hated. Financially we don't have a lot of money but its just my wife and I so we do just fine.
>>
Got kicked out for grades because the uni had a 5-absence auto-F policy

Had a job through connections at a settlement funding firm, spent the time learning more about programming, eventually got a developer job

No degree, 60k, work from home
>>
>>17932161
College isn't for everyone.

Please note that I did NOT say you're not good enough for it. It may not be good enough for you.

College is designed to shape people in certain directions. But if your talents and interests lie elsewhere, college can't do you any good.

What do you want to be doing ten years from now? Is it something that requires college?

The world will always need plumbers, truck drivers, electricians, mailmen, cops, bus drivers, auto mechanics, barbers, factory workers, firemen, sales clerks, office workers, etc. etc.

All honorable and well-paying professions.
>>
>>17932161

After I got out of the military I did 1 semester of Uni. I fucking HATED it. I dropped out of all classes but one during that semester. after the semester was over I said I'd never go back. I decided to go to Flight School instead since it's nothing like Uni.
>>
>>17932161
I got into a really great college, my parents paid for my first year in full and I dropped out after the first semester due to deep depression and severe bullying. Most days I could barely get out of bed, the days I could, I couldn't attend classes because I wanted to avoid specific people.

I was comitted to a psychiatric hospital after a suicide attempt that followed dropping out. Not only I felt depressed, but I felt guilty over wasting my parents' money too.
When I recovered, I decided to move to Brazil, where I had a cousin teaching English. I now teach English too, to local businessmen, and make about $1000/week. Which here, means I live well enough and work only about 4 hours a day to get it. Life is pretty good and my depression disappeared.
If I regret anything is trying college and wasting that money in the first place. I tried going to college here too, and I just didn't like it. I'm either traumatized or it's just not for me, as the other anon put it.
>>
how dumb can you be to drop out of college? fucking kill yourselves
>>
As a 21 year old loser i can tell you i couldnt go to college without drowning myself in debt. I lived with my mom till i was 20 had a highschool sweetheart and a 70s muscle car and a shitty day job at mcdolans. decided to move out after i got dumped for some ugly swed and got a job workin at a local place that gave me free beer and fat tips.. got an appartment with a student for a year, gay guy, super cool, played smash wiiu made cookies and blazed all the time. Now i live with a few friends, pay rent and billz, got a cat and a motorcycle, occasionally work on the local pot farms for extra cash durring the summer. Thats what to expect if you dont go to college and ur poorfag.
>>
>>17932161
I joined the Military, became an Officer, and by the time my friends were leaving college in debt I had been overseas, and had my own house and car. Talk to a career advisory OP> College is not for everyone.
>>
>>17932161
I wish I had never enrolled in college. I'm three years in and my grades are alright but I honestly never have any money and I never made any friends or connections so its just monotony for a poor investment considering that I'm going into accounting
>>
I have a friend who dropped out after one semester. She bummed around for a year or two, did some vet nursing course, but ultimately ended up working as a swimming teacher because she's always been a strong swimmer (she did competitions and shit for our school) and her mother does admin work for the swimming school so she got in through connections. She also pet-sits a lot on the side.

She seems financially fine, especially now that she's paid off the debt she incurred from that one semester she attended. She seems happy enough, but I honestly don't know if this is life-long-career material.
>>
>>17932161
Did 2 years, ran out of money, couldn't pay for another semester. Got a job as a bartender after moving across the country to a new city, managed the bar for a bit, made some really good connections at local tech companies, landed a well paying job downtown.

It's been pretty alright.

The thing is, as long as you're working at *something*, and have a desire to move forward, opportunities will present themselves. It's up to you to take the risk to act on them.
>>
>>17932961

What do you mean? College is not for everyone.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.