[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Irrational Hatred

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1481820803812.jpg (239KB, 1044x770px) Image search: [Google]
1481820803812.jpg
239KB, 1044x770px
How do I stop hating everything and everyone on sight for basically no reason? I always assume the worst about everything and while I am usually quite fine with my cynicism sometimes I feel absolutely horrible about what I've become and hate myself instead of everything else. I go from wanting the world to burn to feeling depressed and genuinely suicidal. Total shutdown until I get over it.

>inb4 therapy
Not an option thanks to brilliant moves on the part of gun control proponents who think someone who wants help is more of a threat than someone who can't get help.
>>
>>17930988
>Not an option thanks to brilliant moves on the part of gun control proponents who think someone who wants help is more of a threat than someone who can't get help.
Can you explain this?
>>
>>17930997

Not OP but: presumably American, and gun laws over there frequently disqualify the mentally ill from gun ownership. Sucks.
>>
>>17931006
Yeah except getting therapy doesn't mean you're mentally ill. Lots of people get therapy for lots of reasons that aren't related to mental illness. Mental illness is usually treated with therapy, but it serves lots of functions.

Seriously, OP, therapy can be wonderfully helpful. I recommend it very highly.
>>
>>17930988
Try meeting new people and making friends. Force yourself to have an open mind and think about things from someone else's perspective.
>>
>>17930997
If I accept treatment for a mental health issue they will take my guns away.
If I refuse treatment I'm "fine" as far as they're concerned unless I'm committed which would require testimony from dead relatives or friends I don't have.
A+ logical reasoning from the people who brought you "a barrel modification that can be done by any mook with a hacksaw should be made illegal so it can't be done by criminals who would use it to murder people".

>>17931015
I went to a counselor who said I was probably bonkers (chemical imbalance she said) and would have to sign me over to a therapist for further treatment - but needed my consent. So I noped the fuck out of there. I specifically went to a counselor instead of a real therapist because they cannot diagnose mental illness.

>>17931016
>Force yourself to have an open mind
Could you elaborate?
>>
>>17931032

Damn, you dodged a bullet there, pardon the pun. UK here, our laws are much stricter; since I got put on a prescription for meds for my anxiety/depression I don't imagine I'll be ever be allowed to own a gun, I envy you guys.
>>
>>17931050
Don't worry, I'm sure we'll catch up to you lot soon. In the meantime just save a loife and bin that knoife so Darius Negrophallus can enrich you without resistance before cutting your throat wide open.
As a side note this is exactly the kind of thinking that will cause me emotional distress down the line. I don't even hate black guys my best friend in high school was black. And yes I know the "black friend" is part of the racist starter pack. My hatred knows no racial bounds though. I'll take any excuse it seems.
>>
>>17931032
This is a genuine question. I'm not trying to make a point, it's not rhetorical, I would really like to hear your answer.

Why is your gun ownership more important to you than your mental well-being?
>>
>>17931070
It's critical to my well being. Range day is basically all that gets me through the week. When I was 16 I got a job so I could buy a rifle when I turned 18. I'm also quite paranoid about all these people I hate and having my CCW keeps me calm.

Also, I don't "take offense" to anything so please feel free to speak your mind without disclaimer. Even if you think I ought to be put in a looney bin and/or disarmed. I absolutely won't do it but I've come to you for help so don't hesitate to say so.
>>
>>17931086
You haven't said anything that makes me think you should be committed or disarmed. I do think that we're at an impasse, though. I can't possibly answer your question without knowing a whole lot more about you, and I wouldn't even know what questions to ask. That's why people become doctors, right. This is one of the reasons I recommend therapy so highly: because it allows doctors to really get to know what your needs are.

To me, there's no question that mental health is more important than gun ownership. But I wasn't raised around guns, I'm not part of the gun culture. So we're coming at this from two very different places.

(I agree, by the way, that with some exceptions, being diagnosed with a mental illness should not cause you to lose your gun permit)

Anyway, good look OP.
>>
>>17931125
Right, I guess 4chan isn't exactly a substitute for professional help, I just can't think of anywhere else to go.
The going theory in the psych community is that guns make people feel like "the man in command" or otherwise in control, which translates to feeling in control of one's life. Personally it's just always been my hobby. Dad gave me a 10/22 (small caliber rifle for rabbit hunting at most) when I was a kid and it grew from there. Now I do recreational long distance shooting and some competitions. Something something being good at stuff makes you happy, I guess.
Thanks mate.

If anyone wants to be my armchair psychologist I'll be here. Any question that won't reveal my identity will be answered.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.