[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My boyfriend wants to see me less. We used to see each other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: sadness-007_orig.jpg (43KB, 700x370px) Image search: [Google]
sadness-007_orig.jpg
43KB, 700x370px
My boyfriend wants to see me less. We used to see each other like three to four nights a week, spending the time together in-between, but now I'm afraid to ask him to hang out with me today because he'll tell me he needs time alone. Is there a chance of him wanting to see me for longer again? Or is the relationship over? When I try to ask him what it means now he just gets mad and says that there is no need for emotional conversations because they don't do anything. But when I don't bring it up or when I don't ask him to hang out we have nice words online about things like video games of Star Trek or other shared interests. At the same time, he seems more interested in hanging out with his friends... I don't want it to continue like this.
>>
Just give him some space for a bit, it sounds like you're smothering him.

Instead of spending days you see him "just hanging out", try to figure out cute dates. Make the time more quality. Do things that are new and exciting.

You sound adorable as fuck btw.
>>
>>17930620
A mutual friend of ours invited us to go to a waltz class and dance thing, which reminded me of when I went to formal waltzing events as a kid. I invited my boyfriend to go. That's a quality thing do right? Should I be worried if he says no (because of me rather than because of not liking waltzing)?
>>
>>17930625
That sounds nice. It's okay to be a little hurt if he says no, but know that not everyone likes dancing. I don't.

In between normal chill hangouts, try to schedule some more cool dates. Keep them varied and interesting.

If things don't start improving soon/he doesn't take any initative for dates, then I'd move to plan B. That being sitting his ass down and telling him you're unhappy.

If that doesn't work, then break up.
>>
> he needs time alone
OP, a long experience suggests your current boyfriend might be uh looking around, I'm sorry to say.
The more so since he didn't name any reason for suddenly needing alone time
>>
>>17930646
Does that mean he's looking for other people? I don't think that's the case. Like I said, we talk online all of the time and he just plays video games. What would be reasons for alone time that he could give me? I think he wants to relax.
>>
This skit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTQnUTgLssI
>>
>>17930651
OP, please don't hold it against me if presume to point out the following aspects.

> What would be reasons for alone time that he could give me?
I believe a partner in a working relationship is supposed to voice reasons for changes in demeanour.

> I think he wants to relax.
You are implying you give rise to tensions in the relationship, antagonise him and the like?
It might be, even so I find his silence to be uh a red flag.
>>
File: IMG_4580.png (178KB, 1228x1150px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4580.png
178KB, 1228x1150px
>>17930604
He's cheating on you.
>>
>>17930672
oh wow, I didn't think those smbc youtube things would be funny, thanks for that.
>>
>>17930678
Yes, I am implying that. It seems like all I do is antagonize him.
>>17930634
After I asked him to get back to me on the event, he said "I woke up and am already overwhelmed" - I asked him if I should wait for his response or if I should just leave him for the day, and he said the latter :( That must mean he stopped loving me, right? I'm so sad ;(
>>
>>17930604
>We used to see each other like three to four nights a week
I never understood couples like this. How do you expect things to change when you're married and living together?
>>
>>17930693
Not OP but idk it's fun to have fun together. Some people simply don't jump through all the same social hoops when playing "the game"
>>
>>17930634
He said he won't go and that it's because of me :/
>>
>>17930717
the fuck. that's just getting cruel. It may be time to have a talk about your situation.
>>
>>17930721
He doesn't want to see me until I stop emotionally panicking about his alone time long enough for him to miss me, but the more he doesn't want to see me, the more I panic. It's a catch 22.
>>
>>17930731
You should lock his dick up, then he will want to see you all the time.
>>
>>17930731
I'm sorry, what is this? Is he your jailer or your boyfriend?
>>
>>17930739
Are you saying that's not normal? How should I tell him that? How do I respond to that? Because I don't know what to tell him in response.
>>
>>17930739
Please help, I'm so sad and I've been crying everyday because he gets so mad at me for being emotional.
>>
>>17930753
>>17930746
Ok, so, how long has this been going on for? How long you two been together?
>>
>>17930758
Eight months, and um this started happening on Monday. I mean it happens that I'm insecure some weeks but then I don't message him for a few hours and we get over it, but that's not the case now.
>>
>>17930746
"I don't think we are looking for the the same kind of relationship. It's probably best if we go our separate ways."

Then stop talking to him and go look for someone else unless he clearly apologizes and offers to change, which probably won't happen.
>>
>>17930604
> I don't want it to continue like this.

So...you're an emotional, "clingy" girl who is dating a guy that comes off that he doesn't care/want to take the time to understand your emotions [and requires a lot of alone time]?

Idk if you're compatible tbqh. It sounds like to me [from recent, personal experience] that duder doesn't want any attachments or commitment right now. I can't confirm he's "cheating" but I would NOT be surprised if he was sexting or talking to other women for more belt notches. You're both young and guys suck nowadays with this "hookup culture" bs I read about on this board.

We'll be here to help you out when he finally decides to break your heart in a week or two so he can bang liberal college wenches. Good luck, babes.
>>
>>17930770
Why the flip flaps do people say "I think we should go our separate ways"???

is this the most common and proper way to say "I don't want to see you again"?

I'm so triggered and butthurt rn.
>>
>>17930770
I asked him how he would feel if he missed me and I was being so cold, and he said "either deal with it or leave me." ;( ;(
>>
Relationship:over
>>
I don't know if im weird.
But whenever I enter a relationship me and the partner generally become inseparable.

My last two girlfriends we basically just alternated the place we slept at permanently after the first few weeks, no conversations really had.

I'd be pissed as fuck if someone said that to me, it'd be time to say either you want to be with me or you don't kinda thing
>>
Ok so I'm conflicted on this as what to say. On one hand, this has only been happening since Monday, I kinda want to say take a chill pill. Let it go for a week or two and make him get in contact with you.

On the other hand, the bluntness and coldness of some of the messages make me say he just don't give a fuck one way or the other. But overall idk if you guys are compatible.
>>
>>17930804
Ignore the piss out of him. You both have some learning to do. You need to learn that you have to find meaning and love within yourself before you can look for it in someone else, and he needs to figure out if he's really into you.

Really you have the short end of the stick here, because learning to be emotionally independent is hard. I have a quote for you that I want you to repeat to yourself in the mirror until you can never ever forget it. It goes like this:

People come and go
Friends change
True love comes from within

And never EVER EVERY fporget, or skip, or devalue that last line, because that is the problem here. Love for yourself comes from within yourself. If you don't know how to love the one person you will never get rid of, then how the FUCK can you love someone else?

People come and go
Friends change
Love comes from within

Live by it.
>>
This has nothing to do with him just needing "alone time". I sometimes feel smothered by my girlfriend and need space to recharge and do my own shit, but I would never talk to her the way he talks to you, nor would I ditch her without making sure to be the one to arrange future plans.
>>
Break up with him Op
>>
>>17930604
He needs time "alone" to do things that are more fun than being with you. Make what you will of that.
>>
>>17930604

This is why I don't want a girlfriend. Well.. I do want one.. a lot.. but I can't, because I know this will happen. I met an amazing girl a few months ago. She was super into me, and I liked her a whole lot. She even told me she wanted to date me. But I told her no, that I can't. She didn't understand why and got hurt. Which I feel terrible about. But I guess it's better to prevent it from happening than let it start to end, right?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.