[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need a driver for colonoscopy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

I have no clue of where I can even ask about this so I'm turning to you
I need to get a colonoscopy, but the hospital refuses to do it unless someone accompanies me.
I have no friends or family, no one I can ask for a favor.
Taxi/Uber is apparently not acceptable to them, they will not perform the operation.

Has anyone else been in the same situation?
What are my options?
I don't want to find someone on craiglist who will gut me on my doorsteps and proceed to rob my house while I bleed out.
I am considering getting some random uber rides so that I can propose this to the drivers until one of them accepts (I'll pay like 30-50 bucks, I don't care)

But beyond all that, the pure anger I feel at this situation cannot be overstated.
>>
>>17930272
Have you never heard of Uber? Or Lyft? Or a fucking Taxi?

While you are there getting your asshole blown out you should go ahead and ask for a lobotomy.
>>
>>17930272
Ask a coworker?

What city are you in?
>>
>>17930277
He said that wasn't an option, faggot.
>>
>>17930272
Just do without general anesthesia like the rest of the world. The procedure doesn't require any recovery.
>>
>>17930272

Depends on where you live but you might ask a friendly neighbor
>>
>>17930292
Not OP but I would prefer to be asleep while being raped by some tube with a camera.
>>
>>17930343
It's really not that bad, I've done it myself. The day before when you have to take super strong laxatives is the worst part of the experience.
>>
>>17930349
The day before a colonoscopy is dreadful. I almost went to work that day because I was not adequately warned and figured I could handle the pill schedule, but then decided i'd probably lose track of time and didn't want to risk it. Thank fucking god I did not go to work.

I was under anesthesia so I can't speak to the operation itself, but that day was easy.
>>
Call a local church and see if they have someone who can drive you, some nice church lady.
>>
>>17930373
they also need to wait for me there for like 2-3 hours??
which is why i'm kinda hesitant about imposing this onto a coworker
>>
>>17930419
Take a taxi or a bus there and then have the coworker pick you up, would that be acceptable to them? Or do they need your ride to be there before the procedure?
>>
>>17930419
No ine is going to keep them there. They can leave and come back.
>>
>>17930423
They need to check in with me too, is what they have said.
I am so infuriated.
I might wait like 6 months until I go home and my parents can help me get a colonoscopy.
My only fear is that what if this delays a potential cancer diagnosis by 6 months?
I mean it is not likely that I have colon cancer, but who thinks they are likely to have colon cancer before a colonoscopy...
>>
I get a lot of colonoscopies, I always drive myself, it's never been an issue. Find a different doctor.
>>
>>17930453
I'd still ask your closest coworker and see.

You probably don't have colon cancer, it's very rare in young people. I had a colonoscopy for colon cancer and was fine.
>>
>>17930457
I don't think that driving after being anesthesia'd is safe.
the thing is, I don't drive anyway. I went to and from the hospital by uber...
>>
>>17930483
>anesthesia
Always done it without, you don't feel a single thing.
>>
>>17930272
If you're in Austin, i'll do it so long as it doesn't conflict with work (I have a pretty flexible schedule).
>>
>>17930494
lol wtf people do this regularly? i would rather kill myself desu
>>
>>17930277
I don't get. Posts here are usually no longer than a paragraph or two, and you still can't summon the strength to read the whole thing?
>>
Bring an adult diaper or at the very least a towel to sit on. Your asshole is going to legit be leaking. You don't want to soil the seats to whomever gives you a ride or even your car
>>
>>17930564
Don't ask the doc office for a diaper either unless you want to spend 80% markup
>>
Hire a babysitter
>>
>>17930564
I have had a colonoscopy and this is false, at least it was in my case.

You do fart a lot afterwards, but mine were not loud or smelly, it was just like air coming out.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.