[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Addicted to sugar.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: FB_IMG_1478392874762.jpg (328KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1478392874762.jpg
328KB, 2048x1536px
Hi.
I'm very addicted to sugar.
I can't stop eating it. I always crave sweet things from candy to cookies and chocolate. It's making me really upset because I want to stop eating sugars like candy but I can't. I can't stop eating it. How can I help to overcome this addiction. My acne is bad and I seriously need help.

Does anyone have any suggestions to combat this? I'm desperate at this point.

Thanks
>>
>>17930158
Stop being a 12 year old murrican.
>>
>>17930165
I'm a 25 year old American, gheez
>>
>>17930165
DUDE FAT AMERICANS LMAO

We unfortunately have the luxury to become fat yes.

Have some self control OP. Personally I hate sweet foods and I love savory things but eating like shit would be counter productive to my workouts. You already have a reason of your own to curb your sugar intake, your acne problem, so have some conviction and self control. It's all on you. Think about the craters you're gonna have on your face if you continue to have acne. Isn't that enough motivation? Learn to eat other shit. Change your diet, change your lifestyle, and changer yourself.
>>
File: 1482887538552.jpg (51KB, 540x752px) Image search: [Google]
1482887538552.jpg
51KB, 540x752px
>>17930158
Eat a varied diet with plenty of different fruits and vegetables and drink water all throughout the day.

When you aren't getting the nutition you need your body goes into starvation mode and you crave whichever food has the most calories because your brain can't distinguish between nutritious and junk food.
>>
Oh man I saw those frozen twinkies yesterday in the frozen food section. I was SO close to getting the regular ones. I bet they're fucking awful but it might be worth trying...
>>
>>17930158
I can only control my cravings on a totally empty stomach. But if I eat something else, it's lost, I will have candy too. I went to psychological treatment, and I've been looking for different kinds of help for about 5 years now.
I feel heroin addcits have better progress than me.
>>
Ive lost 170lbs so far. My best advice is that you just put off sugar foods as long as you can every day. You don't have to quit them, but just know that the sugar rush is an addiction and having a sugar rush early in the day will actually make you want to continue the rush later. you're chasing your first feeling of sugar high but it's always a waste of food and never gets you to that level when you first have sugar.

If you eat sugar only after dinner you can curb this behavior since you'll theoretically be falling asleep within the next few hours so hopefully you wont feel the need to chase the high again.

sugar is a drug. it's the cheapest drug there is.
>>
Yeah this one is real easy to deal with OP.

If you keep eating like this you'll get overweight. And all you have to know is this. Losing weight SUCKS.

If you are even 10 pounds overweight it will take you 10 weeks of feeling hungry as shit for you to go back to normal. Dieting will be something you'll have to devote your willpower to every day which will be very annoying. And you can pack on those 10 pounds really fast. Blazing fast.

You could lose 2 pounds of fat a week at a 1,000 calorie deficit but that boarder lines on unhealthy and you'll feel like absolute shit if you lose weight this quickly. Anybody claiming to have lost weight faster than this lost it from areas other than fat and usually from places that gained it right back once they started eating normally.

Losing weight SUCKS. It fucking sucks. There's a reason why so many people are still fat. Because losing weight is fucking hard and miserable. Don't let yourself get to that point op. And being fat SUCKS. You look way more unattractive. You have less energy to do everything. And being fat actually damages the brain. Fun fact. So the longer you stay fat the dumber you are becoming. Not to say you are dumb. It just makes your brain more dumb than it was before.

Just avoid this whole mess altogether and stop eating like shit. Find recipes that are easy to make and healthy that you can make fast and replace your meals with those. If you have healthy replacements you can go to then eating junk food becomes much harder.
>>
>>17930158
Its very tough OP. The best thing to do is replace the processed shit with fruit and more complex sugars that take a while to digest. I had this problem.

>cut unnecessary sugar out of your diet ( soda, added sugar to coffee)
>When you get cravings replace with fruit or oatmeal with a pinch of honey or maple syrup
>I am now at the stage i cant tolerate any soda, its just too sweet for me by doing this.

God Speed OP.
>>
Thanks all. As of today I'm not eating sugar.
>>
>>17930158
add MCT oil to coffee or some other part of your meal at least once a day. Sugar craving can be caused by a fucked up intestinal microbiome. If you have too much yeast for example it can cause you to crave sugar. MCT oil is a natural antifungal and has other antimicrobial properties that encourage a healthy intestinal microbiome. Of course changing your diet to paleo will be the biggest help, but if you're addicted to sugar that might be hard.
>>
Eat Fruits.

Drink green tea (less bitter, so no need to add sugar)

Don't buy sugary stuff, avoid the aisles that sells sugary stuff, treat grocery shopping like a supply mission in a zombie world - go in with a list, get what you need and get out - don't browse.

If you are depressed and/or bored you need to get hobbies to preoccupy you and other forms of gratifications (try runner's high, or even masturbation).

Sometimes people overeat or smoke because they just need something to do with their hands and mouth, I tried mouthing cinnamon sticks from the spice aisles and handling it like a cigarette. It's nice breathing it in.
>>
Op here. It is still okay to have a little sugar in coffees and lattes?
>>
OP this is a really serious thing.

Addiction is a real issue that isn't simply conquered by force of will. Just so you know a bit about me I struggle with masturbation addiction.

If you want to conquer your addiction there are really two factors that you're going to have to overcome and one of them is a lot easier than the other.

1. You have to essentially create new "routes" in your brain for pleasure sensations. You can google it and all the stuff about dopamine but the tl;dr version is this. You've been eating sugar to be happy for so long that your brain has formed a sort of "muscle memory" for it. It craves sweets because sweets mean pleasure in whatever sense.

2. You need to understand are REALLY TRULY come to grips with the idea that your life is empty. You're using sugar as a way to fill a void in yourself that you otherwise would not know how to fill. If it wasn't sugar it'd be masturbating or video games or alcohol etc, etc.

This video goes more in depth and is what started me on my path to overcoming my addiction. I'm not completely "cured" but like I said it started me off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5ZYV-IMIUU

meditation, and self visualization helped a lot too.

Seriously though. It's not as easy as "I just wont eat sugar anymore". Addiction of any sort is like getting rid of cockroaches, if you see one there are probably thousands more where it came from.

Good luck man.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.