[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I immerse myself in fraternity culture?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

Rush will start in around a month, being able to become friends with fraternity guys is basically the final frontier for me, everyone else I'm basically good with now, but fraternity guys still seem like a challenge to me

Is total frat move good for it? Any other sources? I've gotten to the point where I feel fine around normal people and can get them to like me just by immersing myself in their culture and by interacting with them, but you can't interact with fraternity guys outside of rush unless you are in their fraternity

How do overcome the final mental blocks I have and feel totally relaxed and at ease around them?
>>
You're asking 4chan on how to rush a fraternity? Are you retarded? How many people here do you think are at that level of Chad?
>>
>>17928500
I feel 0 anxiety or uneasyness around normies now, the same way I feel about chads (anxious, nervous, etc) is how I used to feel about normies, granted the level of unease around chad's has gone down but I can still feel it, I know it's still there

I try to keep telling myself they are all just drunken frat dude bros who just wanna fuck around and have a good time, and as long as you act normal and have a life you are cool with them, but I really feel like they are on another level beyond just standard normies, so I'm worried that having mastered talking to normies =/= being able to get along with chads to the point that I get a bid
>>
>>17928500
I'm in a top house at a big state school. I don't know why everyone thinks you have to be "Chad" to be in a frat.
>>
>>17928505
Well that's good you've fixed your social anxiety that you can hang out with normies. Honestly, most fraternity guys I've met were just regular normies and we're not "on a higher level". You're probably overthinking it.

At the same time, take my advice with a grain of salt cause I rushed twice during my freshmen year and didn't get a bid. Hence why I said you should ask somewhere else.
>>
>>17928511
Cause fraternity guys are the ones who have defined the "Chad" image
>>
>>17928516
Universities are tightening their grip on Greek life. We have a few Chad archetypes in our frat, but plenty of guys with varied interests and personalities. Frat culture is going to have to change a bit to survive. Sororities on the other hand, still have a bunch of retarded archaic rules.
>>
Id ask some /fa/ggots desu
>>
>>17928523
Tell me more about sororities anon
Im going to uni this semester and thinking about joining for socializing and mainly general networking desu
>>
>>17928511
Because its literally harder to get fraternity guys to like you than it is to get non-fraternity guys to

You guys reject a lot of normies as in don't give them bids, which means that you are on a higher level than them

I came into last semester with not very much understanding of how even normies work so maybe my vision of fraternity guys is skewed but I dunno

I have become good friends with this one guy who is *technically* a member of a fraternity, but he's about to graduate, the fraternity isn't IFC (its a hispanic thing), and the fraternity has all but shut down because of stuff he hasn't told me yet

So I guess *technically* I've befriended my first chad, but it really depends on how you define him, he doesn't really feel like a chad to me, I dunno
>>
>>17928532
>>17928523
Sororities are nothing but stacies
And stacies are even higher than chads in terms of selectiveness
>>
>>17928523
>We have a few Chad archetypes in our frat, but plenty of guys with varied interests and personalities

Right, I'm not saying that fraternize are monolithic and that everyone is a Chad. I'm just saying that you guys were the ones who first defined the Chad image; it's a stereotype is all.
>>
>>17928495
Every day you spend immersed in fraternity culture lowers your IQ five points.
>>
>>17928574
Can't be any worse than spending every day on 4chan
>>
>>17928574
But for every 5 IQ points lost you come closer to getting unlimited pussy
>>
>>17928589
This. IQ points are an acceptable cost for being able to stick your dick in vagoo.
>>
>>17928596
yeah a condom covered dick in a filthy fifths vagoo.

protip: just adopt the bro-douche frat attitude and use it to snag virgin freshman chicks. pussy so tite you ride it all nite.
>>
>>17928603
>implying i'd use a condom
>implying i care about herpes
>implying all others cant be killed with anti biotics
>implying you can even catch aids/hiv from sex with a girl

>just adopt the bro-douche frat attitude
that's called being a try hard and it wont work
>>
>>17928537
Like basically if they are all like my friend, I'm golden
I dunno if they will be or not
>>
I find it really funny how american fraternities differ from european ones. i really don't get the whole "greek" stuff. If you want to join a renowned fraternity in my country, you have be catholic and while you have to drink a lot, you get to make connections and talk to the elite. Not to mention the sword fighting.
>>
>>17928609
Are you for real? Is this what people thought in the 60s?
>>
>>17928706
>If you want to join a renowned fraternity in my country, you have be catholic and while you have to drink a lot, you get to make connections and talk to the elite. Not to mention the sword fighting.

elaborate
>>
>>17928495
I used to be a robot, but decided new college=new me so i rushed a frat. I'm a year out of college now and i still keep up with a few of my brothers.

As long as you're not a huge neckbeardy autist, just be yourself. Frats aren't just "Chad culture" anymore. You'll probably find at least a few guys there with similar interests. If your interests are golfing and football or whatever and that's what you like to talk about with your friends, then TFM is great. None of my friends really read it much.

While rushing, don't listen to what girls say. Try and meet as many guys as you can. How they treat each other is how they'll treat you.

Frats are great. Very easy to meet girls. You'll always have bros around to shoot shit with and get drunk.

Best of luck OP
>>
>>17928505
>I really feel like they are on another level beyond just standard normies
Yes. They are completely devoid of cricical self-analysis. Once you stop judging yourself and commit to only remembering the positive outcomes of being completely uninhibited, you'll fit right in. There's actually a ton of freedom and social support in that sort of environment, if you can parse the jock-headed delivery.
>>
pretty cringey thread OP, I love it.
>>
>>17929767
>once you stop judging yourself and commit to only remembering the positive outcomes of being completely uninhibited, you'll fit right in
Kinda sounds like it, that's what I do around basically everyone now and it works

>if you can parse the jock-headed delivery.
yeah I just gotta get over the jock ness
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.