[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I admit bad thoughts to my psychiatrist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1468337492020.jpg (185KB, 800x490px) Image search: [Google]
1468337492020.jpg
185KB, 800x490px
Anyone have any advice besides getting really drunk (its the best idea I have atm). Basically I am already diagnosed schizophrenia from him but I have been holding back a big issue.

When I go out in public or around any people I just feel like I am going to snap and assault and/or kill someone. I am not trying to sound edgy or anything so sorry if I do.

Its never for any logical reason something as simple as someone smiling just makes me feel this indescribable sort of hostility and think terrible things.

I have always had this sort of mental divide where when I am alone away from people I feel fine or even like a virtuous person but as soon as I spend any amount of time around people that all changes and it honestly scares me. The thing is I am equally afraid of admitting this to someone who has the authority to lock me up in a place fore mental misfits for an indeterminate amount of time. What if I am force fed medication to make me a zombie etc.
>>
Part of me wants to say don't say shit or there may be consequences.

Another says go ahead, because it won't be so bad as you expect. They'll probably just say it's social anxiety or some shit. (More people = higher likelihood of physical encounter = fight/flight)
>>
don't tell them shit
you'll lose autonomy and the chance that they could resolve your problem is slim anyway
>>
>>17927727
>Its never for any logical reason something as simple as someone smiling just makes me feel this indescribable sort of hostility and think terrible things.
I don't usually say this on 4chan but I think you have some serious psychotic issues and you need to be on lithium or something. Schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders can be treated the alternative is letting it get so bad you actually hurt someone and then you're gonna be locked away forever in a mental hospital.
>>
>>17927727

just talk to them

the only topics that are generally taboo are physical violence against yourself and others, sexual attacks things like that
>>
>>17927727
What's your ethnicity? It could be simply explained by that
>>
>>17927876
Fuck off /pol/ I'm white
>>
File: IMG_0076.jpg (1MB, 1769x1777px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0076.jpg
1MB, 1769x1777px
>>17927727

If you're honest with him you will probably be fine, but he could try to do something about you violent tendencies.

IMO unstable people have no place in society, if you are as unstable as you say it's better for you to stay locked up somewhere you'll be safe and won't be a hazard to others.
>>
>>17928314
Cant I be locked up in my own home. I would do that voluntarily
>>
>>17929377
you can
>>
Thanks to deinstitutionalization, you cannot be locked up unless you present an imminent threat to yourself or others. Even suicidal or homicidal ideation is not enough, unless you have actual serious intent to carry it out. Stick disclaimers on EVERYTHING and you will be fine.

Other than this, my only suggestion is to be a little ruthless with yourself. You need help. Your psych can help you, but for this to happen, your psych has a legitimate need-to-know as concerns what's going on in your head. This is really just a situation more than anything else -you aren't telling the psych to help yourself, you're telling the psych because you have to- but for some people, this works.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.