[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nervous about hanging out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: clue-board.jpg (183KB, 1078x1097px) Image search: [Google]
clue-board.jpg
183KB, 1078x1097px
I'm a 18 yo hs senior guy who got invited to hang out to play some clue and have pizza with 3 female friends tomorrow but I'm extremely nervous.

Background
>full honor student, valedictorian of the grade
>stay home most of time since 7th grade just studying/learn programming/gamedev
>isolating activities, basically home all the time
>allowed my social anxiety to strive, became really insecure, social skills died
>realized this summer how depressed I was, focus on rebuilding my social skills
>overcame first hurdle and starting talking to people, just be able to approach them especially girls (gave me most anxiety) without being a nervous rack (avoid looking at their faces/voice breaking/saying stupid shit/blushing randomly)
>been improving, can approach girls talk with them, eat with them at cafeteria table
>improved my likability, doing my best to avoid my superiority complex (that strove from inferiority complex), joined 2 clubs, basically forcing myself into social situations I don't want to just to improve
>improved to the point that I actually got invited to hang out like above (never done this before ever)

Now you guys can see how nervous I am.
Inside I'm dying to make an excuse to say I can't go but I'm not going to give into my fear, I want to improve!

I know that most of the fear is coming from my poor ability to be humorous and small talk, but I console myself knowing that it's group so it'll me less mental effort to talk and I should just chill as its to have fun not worry, but even so I feel extremely anxious about tomorrow.

What do people do when you hang out? How do you guys stay entertained? How long do you just hang out for? Ideas for when there's silence? Any advice/tips for me overall?

To make matters worst, I have a slight crush on one of them (the main reason motivating me to improve all my social skills so that I can later ask her out when I feel confident to prom)

Thanks for reading, I'm really eager to read all of your responses.
>>
Get in there and fuck those bitches op
>>
>>17927064
You wrote this like you were applying for a job senpai lmao
>>
>>17927070
I'm sorry, I even edited it to make it more concise. School trained me to being too over-anaylitical/detailed
>>
>>17927069
Thanks Anon for the motivation! Tho I'll till I'm more confident for that :P
>>
>>17927064

Go there, eat pizza and have fun you fucking sperg. There is no secret formula for having successful interactions.

They thought you were cool enough to hang out with and want to do it more so just do what you've been doing.

Stop worrying. The worrying will make you a nervous wreck and they'll all wonder why you're acting so weird.

Show up. Eat pizza. Say words when you feel it appropriate. Go home. Thats all you have to do.
>>
If you're invited to play clue and eat pizza, chances are you've landed yourself with the "safer" group of friends that prefer hanging out and playing games in HS rather than drinking/smoking till they pass out. I had the same group in HS.

With this in mind, don't worry about being the super fun Guy. Just show up and have a good time. Nobody else is going to know exactly what to do either, though the more extroverted types just keep tossing out randomass ideas and people go along with it if they can't think of anything.

There's not much for you to worry about
>>
>>17927088
Thanks Anons! I really appreciate it :)
Reading this really helps me reminds myself that it really is as simple as that, and calm my worries.
>>
>>17927101
Thanks a ton Anon! :D
I'm glad they're the safer friends as I seen how the other type (those who just smoke weed) and I don't want to do that since it wouldn't really help me improve but rather just ignore anxiety (by being intoxicated).
I'll make sure not to worry and going along with any fun ideas! :)
>>
>>17927064
Just relax and have fun. Maybe you'd get to sleep with one or all three, if not, doesn't matter, still had a great time. No need to betaout or try to "compete" for their attention since you're the only guy. You da man!
>>
>>17927355
Also don't try to be "nice" or go out of your way to give attention to the one you like. Treat them equally and they'll all be more interested in you.
>>
>>17927355
>>17927378
Thank Anon! :) I been doing my best to avoid being a beta (read a little about the redpill and future proofing so that when I'm ready I can get out of the friendzone easier)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.