[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SUCCESS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: success-icon-10.png (9KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
success-icon-10.png
9KB, 400x400px
I will try to make this as short as possible.

So i'm currently 19 years old and want to become successful in life.
Success for me is earning lots of money and living a happy life with my future wife that will love me, and i will love her.

My main question is, how do i get to this point?

Also another question, are playing games for entertainment fucking retarded? Right now i want to begin playing Starcraft II and i will obviously not get pro in that game. Should i start playing it because it might be fun or should i just don't bother wasting 100's or 1000's of hours. Right now all i do in my spare time is sitting home browsing 4chan, reddit, watching latest Youtube videos of my subs, skyping and playing Rainbow Six Siege with my friend. I feel like i should do something else with my time, like living my life or something? Remember i'm 19 years, aren't the 20's the time where everyone is "Living their lives"?

I also want to learn Korean, how hard will it be to learn this on my own?
If you are wondering the reason to learn the language this is the following: Kpop, Kdramas, interesting culture, Korean E-sports are great. Might want to move to Korea in the future? I guess i should start learning the language instead of doing what the paragraph above is about.

Last question: On the part about earning lots of money, i currently saved up 20K USD. What are some smart things i can do with this money to make more? I have no idea how investing works.

Please help me, any answer is appreciated.
>>
>>17926308
>>Last question: On the part about earning lots of money, i currently saved up 20K USD. What are some smart things i can do with this money to make more? I have no idea how investing works.
buy low sell high
>>
>>17926308
>My main question is, how do i get to this point?
Hard work, smart decisions, fail a lot.

>Also another question, are playing games for entertainment fucking retarded?
Despite what everyone may say, do whatever you want and that makes you happy. If you wanna be happy do the things that make you happy. Nothing is retarded bar harming others.
>>
>>17926314
Wow, that awesome advice. Definitely not heard that before.

>>17926325
>Despite what everyone may say, do whatever you want and that makes you happy. If you wanna be happy do the things that make you happy. Nothing is retarded bar harming others.

I don't really need to be happy right now, isn't it best to do the shirt work now and be happy after?
>>
>>17926308
How to get to becoming succesful? First by defining succes properly.

1. Earning lots of money? How much? Through what kind of work? With how much time spent working?
Did you ever work? Try some jobs, figure out what you can and cannot stand. Stress levels, job position, bosses or self-employement, contact with other people or lack of it. Consider your values when thinking about work.

2. Living a happy life.
What does happy mean to you? Do you want a constant state of bliss? Some general notion of being fulfilled by life? Something else?
Forget trying to "be happy" - think about what brings you happiness? doing what gives you happiness? Search for it, find it, do it, evaluate it, enjoy it.

3. Loving relationship.
Again, values. What do you value in people? What do you need from the other person to love her? Who does she need to be? How does she need to be? What can you give to another person?

Thinking about those things will lead to knowing what you want; then make long term plans to know what you want to achieve. Then make short term plans to actually start working towards the big ones.
At the same time be flexible, because life is unpredictable and all your goals, values, aspirations may change.
>>
>>17926377
>I don't really need to be happy right now, isn't it best to do the shirt work now and be happy after?

As long as you don't live your whole life thinking "oh, I'll be happy LATER" and then die knowing you spent your whole life miserable, working for some future that never came.
>>
>>17926377
>I don't really need to be happy right now
You're wrong. You need to be happy NOW. Happiness is not a goal, it's a mindset. You can be happy with little. Being happy and being successful aren't the same thing; many successful people aren't precisely happy.

You can be happy and successful. But you must be happy first or this >>17926383 will happen.
>>
>>17926409

Not OP, but wow!

I've been stuck in this hole where I keep telling myself I don't need success to be happy. While that's true, it's just that once you're good at being content it's an act of love to find your version of success.
>>
>>17926308

>success for me is earning lots of money, and living a happy life with my future wife that will love me, and i will love her.

the problem with a lot of people is that they are expecting some sort of permanence. Romance is the most fragile of all the human relationships, yet people act like its normal for it to last forever. if your success and happiness is dependent upon you finding someone who matches up with the imaginary partner you've created in your head, and somehow having that last forever, you're going to be in for a bad time.

if you can establish happiness as an individual than you'll always be happy even when you're alone. and if you do find a partner, or two partners, or many partners in your life time, that will just make you even happier.

the problem with people wanting to get married before they've even started dating is that they measure relationships backwards. how are you supposed to know if someones worth marrying after only 1 year (which is generally how long people wait to pop the question) ? how are you supposed to know that she will still be attractive in five, ten, or twenty years? how do you know she will still be the same person mentally?

and most of all, how can you know that someone will still be the same emotionally. you can't guarantee that someone at thirty will want to work on your problems the same as when you're twenty.

forget marriage. if you find the right lady, go ahead and marry her. but making that a goal just leads you to settling for the first girl who WANTS To get married, not finding the perfect partner.

don't project a future on to people you meet. don't project success or happiness or goals on to them. those are for you to project onto yourself.

>video games

if you know what you want to do in life, and you already took steps to do that today, then go ahead and play a game. whats the point of being successful and ha ving money if you arent allowed to enjoy it in spare time?
>>
>>17926420
Excellent conclusion, I wouldn't have put it better.
>>
>>17926420

>its an act of love to find your version of success

can i steal this for a self help book?
>>
>>17926409
This is a big one
>>
>>17926435

If serious, yeah go ahead, credit "an extremely humble anonymous person"

If not serious, No, it's my original recolor character of sonic.
>>
>>17926554

okay, but for which story do i credit this extremely humble anonymous person?
>>
>>17926565

iunno man
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.