[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how the fuck do you get a job holy shit all my friends seem

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: ddwsasassaaaaaaddd.gif (2MB, 350x261px) Image search: [Google]
ddwsasassaaaaaaddd.gif
2MB, 350x261px
how the fuck do you get a job holy shit

all my friends seem to have just been handed jobs, and only a couple even have relevant degrees or finished degrees at all

why can't I even get an entry level paper-pushing position

where/how the fuck do you get a job
>>
>>17925758
>all my friends seem to have just been handed jobs

Do you say that because they were recommended by people they know or because they sent a few CVs and got quick replies?
>>
>I can't get a job
>all my friends got handed jobs through connections
>how do you get a job
connections.
>>
>>17925764
both, most of them were either handed an internship that turned into a paid gig at the end of it, and a few were literally just given jobs by their mothers or fathers. but some of them just magically got something on the first try of emailing CVs around, even while still in school

>>17925785
all my connections haven't given me a job yet
>>
>>17925758
Iktf man. I feel like the black sheep in the family. Graduated 2 years ago, no field related job. I had a restaurant job for 6 months but that closed down. All my friends have parents that pushed for them. I have a few interviews, and I feel they all went pretty good. I never hear back.

What hurts the most is I did this internship in college for 2 years. I said if a position was open, I might get a job right out of school. Didn't happen, no biggie. But some chick that worked for 6 months there (and we graduated same time), she now works in a high profile job in that field. Sucks so much. Friends are living life, drinking n exploring new countries, relationships and stuff. I'm still in Step 1.
>>
>>17925816
Looks like you better start making more connections
>>
>>17925816
>most of them were either handed an internship that turned into a paid gig at the end of it

Why didn't you? Or did you go for an internship and didn't get a callback?

> a few were literally just given jobs by their mothers or fathers

Connections, my man. That's called "connections".

>some of them just magically got something on the first try of emailing CVs around, even while still in school

Ask them to see their CVs and learn from them. Also, pay attention to where and when they sent the stuff. That's how you improve, by paying attention and learning.
>>
File: 1424979143083.png (42KB, 150x144px) Image search: [Google]
1424979143083.png
42KB, 150x144px
>>17925856
>Why didn't you [get an internship]
I ended up dropping out of school and joining the reserve military because of rampant home issues

>Ask them to see their CVs and learn from them.
I repeatedly ask them to review mine, and it's not helped basically ever it seems

>>17925853
and how do you propose doing that without a job, current school, or money
>>
do you people that actually bother with 'jobs' and 'connections' actually have time for friends and shit
>>
>>17925758
>you fell for the college meme
>>
>>17925942
not really, I dropped out due to home problems and never went back because it's clearly not important unless you go to an expensive (((private)))* school instead of a normal provincial-run college or uni

*seriously, the people I know who got handed internships and subsequent jobs went to literally jewish schools, schools that reserve the right to reject you on the grounds of not being a member of the jewish community [spoiler]not that it matters to me, I could easily get someone to vouch for me even though I'm non-practicing and basically agnostic, but I don't have dosh for private school[/spoiler]
>>
Put in application
Don't be autistic
Be capable of producing

Like shit, I don't even have a high school education and I make 25k a year in my early 20's.
>>
>>17926041
>put in applications
I've been doing that and I don't get any responses
>>
>>17926049
What kind of jobs are you applying for, I'm assuming this is going to be your first time ever being in a work environment?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.