[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

embarassing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 1479615854861.jpg (52KB, 363x716px) Image search: [Google]
1479615854861.jpg
52KB, 363x716px
Should I be horrendously embarassed that my girlfriend is better than me at smash and my 13 year old brother is better than me at drawing? I used to worry about how other people will make fun of this fact but now I realized I should just practice harder and more often and not compare myself too hard to others. Am I handling my sensitive feelings more correctly and maturely now? I used to want to kill myself for these facts
>>
File: bait.png (65KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
65KB, 625x626px
>>17925505
>>
>>17925505
you shouldnt be embarrassed but if these are things you care about you should practice and surpass them.
this mentality is so retarded. people will always be better than you at something, what difference does it make if you know the person?
>>
File: 1457035796782.jpg (63KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1457035796782.jpg
63KB, 625x626px
>>17925510
This is 4chan. A guy here had a fucking floor tile fetish. I know my post sounds ridiculous but it's just as ridiculous to dismiss it as bait. Or maybe if this thread was talking about sex problems or wanting to an hero, you'll take me more seriously, despite how repetitive those threads supposedly are. If anything I think you just baited me into typing a paragraph
>>17925512
It comes from childhood for me. People, even Girls used to be stronger than me, faster than me, and better than me in sports. I eventually improved a bit but the belittling and humiliation took its toll. It destroyed my worth as a person. Several times I nearly brought a knife to middle school to kill my bullies or die trying, since I felt my life was dead. Even to thus day it's hard to people as "good" since if you mess up at something, they will always get angry about it (i.e. my brother) or make fun of you about it. Hell they'll even baby you, which is what my girlfriend did.
>>
>>17925505
Are we talking about Smash or Tr4sh?
>>
But look at it this way you faggot:
Youre better than your brother at smash, and youre better than your gf at drawing. Done.
>>
>>17925505
you should be embarassed for being such a fucking child that you care about being beaten in a video game.
what are you, 12?
>>
>>17926368
You have no idea how salty this game can make you m8
>>
>>17926372
but I have an idea of how immature you are
>>
How the fuck did you even manage to get gf? And why haven't I?
>>
Hey OP, I know you're young anon, I am old anon.

>>> Should I be horrendously embarassed that my girlfriend is better than me at smash and my 13 year old brother is better than me at drawing?

Horrendously embarrassed is too much, you're being way to hard on yourself. The problem that you have is that you're making the things you love (drawing and Smash) a competition. When you allow comparison and are not doing the activity because you love it and just want to get just a little bit better at it; you end up having a bad time and you begin to be hard on yourself.

What you need to do when you start getting down is literally ask yourself every single time, "Am I making a competition out of this? Am I comparing myself to someone? I need to be enjoying this for me and just be getting better than I was yesterday." Every other negative thought is wrong and is a mind game that most human beings have to deal with.

>>> I used to worry about how other people will make fun of this fact but now I realized I should just practice harder and more often and not compare myself too hard to others. Am I handling my sensitive feelings more correctly and maturely now? I used to want to kill myself for these facts

Yes, you're maturing. You see the concept but you need to keep practicing the concept. It's okay to be bad at things if you love doing it! Who cares if you're bad at something if you're enjoying the time you spent on it?

Practicing harder and more doesn't always equal success. Practice smarter, for example: If you want to get better at Smash, record yourself and critique what went wrong in a match. Then brainstorm solutions on how you'll fix that problem.

Enjoy the process, you don't need to be the best. You only need to be happy and enjoy what you're doing.
>>
kill yourself
>>
>>17926448
Thanks man
>>17926417
You're saying I don't deserve one? Getting a girlfriend isn't complicated.
>>17926368
>>17926372
>>17926405
Hey, it's played competitively, it may seem dumb but the game is actually pretty technical
>>
>>17925505
Okay, firstly what are your career goals, but you haven't provided enough info so lets move on.
>Am I handling my sensitive feelings more correctly and maturely now?
Hardly. Your casual girlfriend beats you at the game you practice competitively - where if I was in this situation I would outright quit the game if something like this happened.
Your resolution is to practice even more, for a video game. I'm not criticizing what your hobby is, I'm criticizing your poor choice on how much time you invest in a hobby that won't return you money or other things.
>and my 13 year old brother is better than me at drawing
Shouldn't have played Smash Bros all day. Odds are your little brother is more serious about drawing too and might use that talent, if he's even talented at all, to get somewhere.
> I used to worry about how other people will make fun of this fact
You must be autistic for people to view you that way.
This isn't even sensitive feelings, this is some next level shit.
You are not mature, or else you would come to terms with reality.
>of this fact but now I realized I should just practice harder and more often and not compare myself too hard to others
Now back to square one - you're retarded.
>I used to want to kill myself for these facts
How the fuck do you have a girlfriend?
No.17926372
>"You have no idea how salty this game can make you m8"
Go play a game of League of Legends you fucking child.

Fucking pathetic.
>>
File: 1483601599854.jpg (19KB, 467x467px) Image search: [Google]
1483601599854.jpg
19KB, 467x467px
>>17926985
This guy>>17926372 was not me.
Also she's no casual. She studies combos, techniques, shit like that. I just recently started memorizing things like thst. She plays everyday. Go be elitist elsewhere.
I haven't played in a year and a half. I thought I would remember everything, but I didn't.
Now about the Drawing I do admit I Was fucking around abd wasting time instead of drawing as much as my brother.
After talking with the other anons in this thread I realized that it all came down to me missing out on practice I needed
>>
>>17927391
>>17926985
Forgot to mention I don't even play competitively. I never even went to tournaments nor intend to. I just read that part of your post
>>
>>17925505
>smash
bro time to grow up and play a real game
>>
Does she waveshine your sorry ass?
>>
>>17927419
I never took it that seriously, but I didnt expect her to beat me. Her beating me Actually got me more into smash. I guess I'm an asshole for underestimating her. She's one of those people that look at the technical aspects of the game and practice day in, day out with her friends.
what would you say is a "mans" competitive game?
>>
>>17927438
How did you get your smash gf? I want one too.
>>
>>17927450
Idk
>>
>>17927454
>>17927450
Now that I think it, just don't be an ugly weird autist. It's funny I used to practice all the time in high school but I tried growing out of it. She got me back into it.
>>
>>17927468
I understand that much, but where did you meet? Grills playing maylay are rare, let alone being good at it.
>>
>>17927468
>>17927454
>>17927450
Actually It depends. we played 3ds smash. You're looking for wii u girls. I don't know where to find them. Just play overwatch like me. More women play it. I took that game more seriously than smash until now anyway
>>
>>17927485
WiiU and 3DS Smash ist pretty much identical, I'm looking for GC girls.

But I get your point with Overwatch or online games in general, of course those people play other games as well, that makes sense, thanks.
>>
>>17927496
I'm not sure. Not even she will know. Ironically I was the one who played melee (but as a kid and with items. I'm a pleb) she's actually no pro. She's just kinda good. Both of us will get eaten alive by pro melee players.
Hmmmmm.... the only one I knew was a girl who'd play melee with her kid brother when I was in high school
>>
>>17926985
Jesus christ nigger kys
>>
>>17928549
>>
>>17925505
You're overthinking all of it. Be content you have a significant other, be grateful your brother is alive and well, and try to find where you can excel. Be happy.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.