[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need adv /adv/, basically my sister is in college, has no job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (48KB, 305x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 305x360px
I need adv /adv/, basically my sister is in college, has no job and is nothing but an expense on my family. I would explain all the bullshit things she's done but it wouldn't fit in one or two posts. I have ignored her alarming behavior but my family is now having financial problems. My father is a senior engineer for the government and makes 250k a year. My mother also works, we are a family of five and should not be in this situation. My sister is a failure and emotional wreck, to start it off, she takes classes she is interested in, my dad then pays for the expensive classes. Once the classes get hard she cries to my parents and drops the classes, no refunds. She has done this multiple times. She rented an apartment with a roommate. My father signed a one year lease and she didn't like her roommate, cried and moved back home after a month. She found a house with a friend and they lived there for a year splitting the bill. Her roommate is moving out and she cried to my parents and got them to rent the entire house to herself. My dad is depressed, every time he calls my sister out and says he can't afford these things, my sister says she'll kill herself for being a problem. I tell my dad to call her bluff and treat her like a child but he says he could never risk his daughter killing herself because of him. She always ask for money to buy makeup and useless things like expensive dinners. I can't stand being around her, I hate my sister. She is a 21 year old brat with no job, she majors in veterinarian science to pursue a career as a vet. My family is falling apart because of my sister and neither of my parents will call her out. I talk with my parents in private and they complain so much but they know they have to be careful. I'm not sure what to do, what can I tell my father, what can I tell my sister? It is depressing to see how hopeless my family is
>>
Right now my father is sleeping on a twin mattress in our living room while my sister sleeps in my dads king sized bed. I fucking hate that bitch. My dad worked so hard in college, had no money. Worked summers and breaks. All while at a military college, he has had an amazing career and provided for his family, and just seeing him on a twin mattress makes me so fucking angry. Me and my brother start college very soon and I can't imagine what my dad is thinking. Unrelated, my mom filled for divorce and wants the house, my dad overheard them talking about how unbearable he is. My dad doesn't deserve this.
>>
Your sister and mom sound like cancer. I can't even add advice in this situation beyond bumping the thread. Holy shit I feel bad for you and your dad op. My mom was a huge burden on my family so I kinda know the feeling. I only hope your situation gets better anon.
>>
>>17925363
Your sister is a lost cause. Your parents made the mistake of raising her as a spoiled brat. And a spoiled brat will remain a spoiled brat, believing herself entitled to everything, forever - or until she is finally cut off, at which point she will become a resentful spoiled brat.

Give up on her. Focus on supporting your father in the multiple shitstorms approaching.
>>
>>17925363
>My dad is depressed, every time he calls my sister out and says he can't afford these things, my sister says she'll kill herself for being a problem
She's making a problem. She needs to grow up, and your parents caused the problem with permissive behavior in the first place. Your dad should not be paying for her classes any longer, and the lease on the house she is renting should be canceled immediately. There isn't really anything else to say. Your parents need to act like adults.
>>
How the fuck does a household reaching 300k in revenue have any problems even with all the girls' bullshit

Go fuck yourself OP, if your family is having financial trouble with that kind of income just sell your McMansion.
>>
>>17925363
>financial problems
>makes 250k a year
Gotta love middle class whining.

>My sister is a failure and emotional wreck
Does she bitch about her siblings on 4chains or something?

>she takes classes she is interested in
That's how you're supposed to do it.

>She has done this multiple times.
Well, daddy who pays clearly enables this behavior. Wonder where the part comes that makes it any of your business how he spends his money.

> I tell my dad to call her bluff and treat her like a child but he says he could never risk his daughter killing herself because of him.
She might be a loser but you're pretty autistic, anon.

>I'm not sure what to do, what can I tell my father, what can I tell my sister?
You sound too immature to be of any help for the situation. Best call is waiting till the sis grows the fuck up.

>>17925542
>She's making a problem.
Only partially and only after the shitty parenting made her the problem.
>>
File: crysomemore.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
crysomemore.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
>guys my wealthy family raised my sister to be a spoiled brat and now she's spending my inheritance help
>>
>>17925363

She's literally like that because that's the best she can do. I'm sure if she was in a different situation she wouldn't be acting like this.

But come on, don't act like you're all high and mighty either
>>
>>17925808
This, you should be mad at your dad if anything. It's his money.
>>
>>17925821
Also this is what girls do. They will strip you of everything you have and leave you with nothing.

realise that
>>
It's not your fucking problem. If you're here posting this you can get a job. Your parents money is no concern, even more so when you are of age. So stop whining because their spending money on your sister.
>>
Gotta love people hating on wealthier people.
Anyway, OP
>>17925363
Your father has to start saying no. No other ways around it. But I think it's too late anyway, since even your mother is against him. Don't let your sister and your mother take everything your father has worked for...
>>
>>17925364
>MUH DAD DOES'T DESERVE THIS
Yeah he does, no pun intended, but he made his bed now he has to lay in it. Grow the fuck up.
>>
>>17925857
>he made his bed now he has to lay in it.
Kek.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.