[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reality check

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: rly.jpg (17KB, 496x371px) Image search: [Google]
rly.jpg
17KB, 496x371px
Most posters in /adv/ have no good advice to contribute

AMA and I'll solve your problems in three sentences max
>>
what numbers do i choose to win the lottery?
>>
>>17925340
The lottery is a tax for being stupid. Don't play the lottery. A fool and his money are easily parted.
>>
I'm having trouble creating a new breed of mammal by trying to cross a sheep with a walrus. It's not going as planned. Are there any alternatives to using sheep?
>>
>>17925350

your three sentences did not solve my financial problem ;_;
>>
>>17925355

Let the walrus impregnate you.
>>
>>17925355
Try using a similar aquatic mammal from the same genus. Make sure to alert any relevant authorities. Hire a lawyer.

>>17925359
Solve your financial problems by getting a job, budgeting yourself, and improving useful skills so that you provide ostensible value to society. That only took one. But I used three anyway.
>>
>>17925339
I need to get laid. How do I accomplish this?
>>
>>17925389

Learn to love yourself, and stop looking for a relationship. If you take steps to become a better person, you will naturally gravitate healthy people into your life who genuinely care for your well being. This includes being courageous enough to say what you really feel to people, taking steps to become more confident in yourself, taking care of your physical well being and wise enough to understand that the 90's movie cliche of making a grand proclamation of your undying love for someone is a horrible meme that has a zero percent success rate outside of Hollywood movies.
>>
Who is the actor who plays that handsome guy who sits at echo's left in the history class in the Mr Young episode Mr Dog?
>>
>>17925366

have been applying for jobs but still can't get one. i have no money to budget. ;_;
>>
What do I do if I am in love with a woman 30 years older than I am?
>>
>>17925404

Open a tab on your web browser, and enter in ' "Mr Young" + "Mr Dog" ' in the search query. Read the top ten results relevant to your question and determine your answer. If this doesn't work re-adjust your search terms or explore a related wiki or fanpage.
>>
I have social anxiety. I have these panic attacks sometimes when I'm outside of my comfort zone. It's prevented me from reaching to this girl I like, hanging out with family and friends, and basically just enjoying life.

What do
>>
>>17925409

Whatever you want. Unless it's your mom. Don't fuck your mom.

>>17925407
Keep applying to jobs and look into trade jobs. Trade jobs have very high labor demand and pay well. They also only take about two years to enter the field and the cost of education is comparatively very low to many other career disciplines.
>>
>>17925409
Just bang her for a year or smth and love will go away worked 4 me
>>
>married 15 years
>love her well enough but sex is meh at best
>been close friends with smoking hot girl since HS
>also married but her marriage is falling apart
>she confesses her love for me
>been having the best sex of my life this past month or so

How to proceed?
>>
>>17925410

i did not ask how. i asked who. now tell me who.
>>
>>17925417
Try fixing sex if fails go for the second one
>>
>>17925422
"AMA and I'll solve your problems in three sentences max"
>>
>>17925411

Try to start a conversation with a random stranger on the street whenever you can, even if it's just saying "hello". Build up the courage to start conversations with people by working little by little toward small, achievable goals every day to gain confidence. Medical paradigms of psychological and psychiatric treatment often ignore huge gaps in physiological and spiritual well-being, so try to avoid labeling yourself as someone who "has" social anxiety, because it's transient state of being that doesn't do you any good to maintain.
>>
How do I choose a new career? I don't particularly like doing anything, I'm just tired of working in warehouses and construction sites.
>>
>>17925417

If you haven't cheated on your wife yet, consider the extreme long term damage you will cause to not just her, but yourself and everyone around you if you cheat. Work to improve things with your wife by finding fun ways to spend time together. Reconnect with what made you fall in love with her in the first place.
>>
>>17925430

Think of what your favorite ways are to spend your free time, and look into potential careers that correspond to that interest. Bear in mind that your interests may not actually have attainable or realistic job opportunities (re: actual possibilities of employment), so do some research and figure out what jobs are in high demand pertaining to your interests. If you don't have any interests, try exploring some hobbies and doing new things with your free time.
>>
File: 14830994381510.jpg (816KB, 1305x1600px) Image search: [Google]
14830994381510.jpg
816KB, 1305x1600px
After attending prestigious university I have got a reality check by myself. In every aspect you feel the vibe of rivalry, the human quality of competitiveness and ambition is something that valued. The quality that keeps developing in me instead is passivity, inactivity and apathy, having known that it is very doubtful I am going to reach their intellectual and social level. Self-esteem is crushed.

How do I keep going? I am aware that if I am going to give up completely, the only thing I'll have left is wasted potential. At the same time I am carrying my body every day to campus like a dummy.
>>
>>17925432
He just said he did
>>
>>17925415
Would you mind sharing your story?
>>
A girl and I have been in a limbo sort of relationship where we arnt dating nor are we friends. I was talking to her last night about my feelings and what I wanted in a girlfriend which is the standard Imo (someone who I can always hang out with and my lover). She became overwhelmed with my openly talking about my feelings so soon (been 2 weeks since we started this, 'thing'). The night ended on a pretty awkward note with her saying I was scaring her and that she wasn't sure if I was really her type. Advice on what I should do know? It's been about 16 hours since this happened and we haven't talked. I don't mind if your advice is a novel long.
>>
>>17925439
If he did cheat on his wife, he should tell her and apologize. There isn't much else to be said, I just hoped that I had misinterpreted his "best sex of his life" to still be with his wife, because it wasn't fully clear to me. Whatever happens as a result is his karmic debt to incur.

>>17925438
Please understand that education within the formal context is not the be-all, end-all of your existence, as it is constructed to measure a very specific type of intelligence in a grand sea of varying intellectual capacities. Ultimately, employers will value perseverance, loyalty in the face of hardship, a tenacious attitude for learning and a positive, cooperative mindset far higher than whatever grade you got on your Statistics test. Employers literally don't care about your GPA after your first "real" job, and outside the context of being inside school you will realize how in many ways it is extremely ridiculous, so remember to keep it in a larger context, focus on improving yourself as a person and bear in mind that you will literally never see 98% of the people you graduate with after you get your degree.
>>
>>17925439
Yep, and it's been amazing but I do love my wife.
>>
>>17925444
She's not into you, and it's not worth your time and energy to try any further. Please check the advice I gave to >>17925403 . Try to spend time with friend and do some things to get your mind off of her, and please, for the love of God, re-read the second sentence of this post.
>>
>>17925449
What's my most likely karmic debt in respect to both women?
>>
>>17925467
There's no way for me to tell you about your future, because it hasn't happened yet. Truth is a sibling to love. If you want to do right by your wife and yourself, telling the truth is the most honorable thing you can do.
>>
I hope this has been useful to some of you, and I will check any additional questions tomorrow. If you are reading this and want one general recommendation, start with the relationship you have with the person in the mirror, and treat *yourself* the way you want to be treated. Love yourself and the rest will follow.
>>
I like this one girl but she has problems with being with anyone. She is same age as me and she never was in relationship. I know this from a mutual female friend of ours because she always try to avoid talking about her love life. People once wanted to set up a blind date for her, but she refused. We talk a lot but I don't really know if I even can be with her. I can wait, but I won't to know if this even can work
>>
>>17925489
Quess I'm late
>>
>>17925489

See >>17925403 . Again, this only needed one sentence. But I used three anyway.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.