[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should I do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1396481086528.jpg (2MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1396481086528.jpg
2MB, 1920x1200px
I am 18 and just finished my first semester of college. I realized I am not really that interested in the idea of schooling at the moment. I'm not too sure what I want to do in general at the moment - I feel like I am just coasting through life with no real aspirations or goals. I want some change in my life that will hopefully give me some ideas as to what I want to do for the rest of my life. Any recommendations as to what I should do?
>>
You know it's okay to just work until you figure out what you want to do, right?
>>
>>17924613
You could just be worthless, and never grow up.
>>
>>17924633
I have no clue what field of work I would be interested in. I don't want to spend my time working a pointless job that I don't care about. I want to do something that'll keep me interested.
>>
>>17924648
>I don't want to spend my time working a pointless job that I don't care about. I want to do something that'll keep me interested.
Well you don't know what you want to do and what interests, so you can either work a 'pointless job' or you can sit around and be a NEET. It's up to you. I suggest you get over yourself and take what you can get.
>>
>>17924664
I definitely don't want to sit around and do nothing either. I'm thinking about moving to Europe for several months to travel and work. I imagine the change of lifestyle would be enjoyable for me. I just don't really know what I want to be doing with my life right now, but I know I want to be dong something worthwhile that I'll enjoy.
>>
>>17924613

stay in college and try the intro classes for some majors like

business
computers
engineering
medicine
legal

you're only 18 so it's not too unusual to have zero idea what is going on in life or in your head

but don't fuckup and drop out

keep up the grades
>>
>>17924613
I was the same way, just finished 3rd semester. Trust me everyone feels like that no matter how well they did (ended with GPA 3.69 still felt lost). Just try to remember what motivation caused you to go to school in the first place. And if it was like social pressure or parents and you really have no idea what you want to do then work a pointless job. While youre there you'll definitely come up with something you'd rather be doing then serving fries to people. Work a job you hate to realize what you really want to do. And then do it. Last summer I worked physical labor at my town's public works department. I really wasn't a huge fan of it at first but it got me fired up to go back to school, showed me what I would be doing with the rest of my life if I didn't. But the job ended up not being that bad, I'm going back again this upcoming summer. Could I see myself doing it for the rest of my life? Maybe. But now school is important to me. I still don't know where I'll end up, but I've got some pretty good guesses.
>>
>>17924683
>travel meme
Listen it doesn't really work that way. The only to do that is to get a working visa, and those Europeans rather have college graduates not high school graduates. Not to mention Europe is literally infested with 3rd world cockroach people. Maybe work as a security guard realize that stupid piece of paper opens up a lot more doors. Or go learn how to be an auto mechanic.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.