[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My ceiling is breathing?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: ceilingpattern.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
ceilingpattern.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
Okay, can someone tell me whether this is normal? Yesterday morning after waking up from a dream I was staring at the ceiling in a typical just-woke-up state. I noticed that the pattern on my ceiling was moving. There were two ways it was moving: either back and forth, just like somebody breathing (though it was not synced with my breath) or back and forth in little circles, just like waves at a beach. Both were at a slow, peaceful tempo. I watched it dispassionately, but with interest, for about 45 minutes, but my mental and emotional state was completely normal. I could tell easily that what I was seeing wasn't real; it was almost like a layer of unreality superimposed over the real ceiling, like an AR game. It would vanish for a second if I blinked or moved my gaze, but then would come back. I went to a few other rooms in the house with the same pattern, and I saw it there too. I also tried looking at some other objects, but the only thing that had it was the rectangles on my door, and to a lesser extent.

So... is this something everyone sees if they stare at it long enough. The one thing is that I've lived in this house for 10 years but can never remember seeing this ever before. I should mention that I'm taking Strattera (amoxetine) for ADHD and it's been making me have weird, vivid, hours-long dreams. At first I assumed it was some kind of aftereffect of the Strattera dream, but I've still seen it every time I've looked at the ceiling since then, even when I'm completely awake.

Is this some odd side effect of medication, or am I just finding out late about something that happens to everybody? I don't want to tell my psychiatrist about it only to look like an idiot making a big deal over something common.

Pic is of my ceiling, sorry for low quality. Also I'll note that I've never used any kind of recreational drugs.
>>
Get out. It's a poltergeist.
>>
Probably carbon monoxide poisoning or some shit.
>>
sounds like pupil dilation, if you've ever taken a high dosage of stimulants occasionally really flat objects take on this breathing sort of pulsating quality. Another instances I've observed it is riding a bicycle and suddenly stopping and looking at the ground.

Pot does this a lot because it's mildly psychoactive, on LSD it's very pronounced to the point of where everything is tessellating patterns.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomoxetine

you should really read up on drug side effects before jumping to supernatural conclusions, they list abnormal dreams as a common side effect.

I think you're confusing multiple things, you sound like you might be experiencing derealization/depersonalization, which may or my not have anything to do with your medication. A lot of people experience this to some degree when they're under a lot of stress, sometimes it's tied to other problems ( like a psychotic/manic episode), or it can be innocuous.

if this were /x/ I would just say it's nargles, and they demand a blood sacrifice.
>>
>>17924145
There's nothing wrong with this OP, it's completely normal for things to subtly breathe and shrink when you stare at them, especially repeating patterns like your ceiling

This becomes really noticeable when people take visual psychedelics and other hallucinogens, like another anon said, so once you've seen it you notice it more. But it was always there

Don't worry OP, you're just aware of it. It's not a big deal. It's completely normal, just a part of how human vision works.
>>
>>17924145

welcome to silent hill.
>>
>>17924393
OK, that's a relief. I figured it was something like that. Weird that I went almost 20 years without noticing it though.

Also, there may have been a misunderstanding. I've never used psychedelics or anything (in fact I can't, because both the SSRI I take and Strattera supposedly dull the effects). I probably just noticed it because the crazy strattera dreams put me in a weird frame of mind or something.

Actually, the fact that people on psychedelics are just noticing something already there rather than hallucinating is pretty interesting. It reminds me of a story I I heard once of a a guy who took LSD and freaked out because he realized that when characters on Family Guy talk everything else in the show stops moving.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.