[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it normal to feel alone when you have everyone around you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 15070042.jpg (45KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
15070042.jpg
45KB, 300x225px
Is it normal to feel alone when you have everyone around you?

I feel like a failure and a horrible person.

I don't know why I feel sad. I got a perfect GPA (4.0) this semister in school, I work a great job that makes me 900-1100 a week, and I hang out with friends frequently.

But for some reason I feel alone and lost. I felt pretty happy until I tripped on acid a few days ago with a friend who had a girl friend, and it made me realize how alone I actually am. He told me what it's like to connect with someone else that intimately, and I realized how reserved I am in expressing myself to other people.

I'm not gay but I'm just not actively searching for a girl friend. I've lived with the mentality that I'll get a girl friend when I'm ready to get one, but it hasn't come around. I've just been focusing on making money and getting perfect grades, but I feel like now I have a hole in my life.

Can anyone relate to this? Feeling lonely when you have friends and family and money all around you? I feel like a fraud, even though I work hard at work and work hard in school and deserve my grades, I still feel like I don't deserve it.
>>
>I feel like now I have a whole in my life
You're probably like 18 and you live the "perfect" life. The fuck you're talking about having a hole in your life. If your issue is connecting with people then find out how you can do that and then do it.
>>
>>17923772
maybe you need a new hobby, also you worked for those grades and that money, you deserve them. Lately I've randomly felt alone while talking to the closest of friends.
>>
>>17923772
I used to be like this either, i know something was bothering me, but one day i tought about confronting it and seeing the hole i had, i tried really hard with relationships and love in general to just keep failing, honestly i think i feel a lot more worse now that i know i have that hole and cant fill it at all.
>>
I can relate to what you said OP.
from an external perspective it actually sounds like you're life is pretty well in order.
I think you have a good perspective on finding relationships, the sense of wanting something actually feeds into a sense of 'something's missing'.
really no one is perfectly happy and the expectation that that's an achievable goal is somewhat unrealistic.
My two cents is that part of it relates to the sense of 'anomie' thats systemic to our culture that tends to give people little direction towards finding meaningful expression.
expecting someone else to solve all your problems is unrealistic, relationships/codependency create as many problems as they solve, perhaps just different ones.

don't be so hard on yourself dude, you're going good, you just need to cultivate some perspective on it.
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 278x181px
Hmm.. this sounds like cancer
>>
>>17923772
I feel almost exactly the same. About to graduate from University with a great GPA, but I feel isolated and alone. I have a great, small group of friends, but I'm starting to realize that I crave intimacy.

The worst part is that I've become infatuated with my friend's girlfriend. She's definitely my type, but I understand that these feelings are probably due to the fact we interact all the time.
>>
>>17923772
STOP DOING DRUGS
psychadelics in particular fuck with your head and although some people see them as "MIND EXPANDING" or whatever the fact is they are usually terrible for your mindstate...
>>
I'm feeling you right now

I'm sitting in the bathroom and just feeling miserable about myself. Something's missing, but it's like having everything. I don't want a gf because I don't have the time or motivation to get and maintain one, but I'm sure it's my biology screaming at me "mate you fool"
>>
>>17923772
This is exactly how I feel.

I have good grades, go to a good school, am upper middle class, have a fair amount of friends (and am not socially retarded), but don't feel particularly close with anybody. Nobody outside of my family has ever really loved me, and that's a shitty feeling.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.