[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meditation Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160630_200033.jpg (4MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160630_200033.jpg
4MB, 3120x4160px
What's the best posture to meditate in?

What's the best procedure of meditating?
>for example; how much time should I exhale, inhale and keep it in?

What music/soundtrack should I play when meditating?
>>
File: !1.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
!1.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
Lotus position. Closed eyes. Heels touch crotch, legs should get numb. Arms resting like fuck dem, usually on knees, hand gesture optional. Straight back and head are über important.

Breathe all in, exhale whole out. No interruption. Looks gay from outside perspective but nobody gives a shit. Should get you stoned. If it pops, if you cry, if it burns, if you feel like snorting coke off virgin Mary's pubis or if a snake crawls up your spine and tears your soul apart, it means your becoming a saiyan.

Bonus level is breathe from a nostril exhale from the other. No moving allowed only breathing. If you can do it without effort you can fuck peoples minds telepathically. Mostly means you control the energy in your body and acquire superior control. Right in means masculine stuff (strength, charisma, sex, luck), left in means female stuff (peace, knowledge, art, health).

Breath is the key to the Universe, no bullshit. Notice that air flow changes frequently between nostrils, sometimes suddenly in some situations. Both nostrils means void, confusion or weakness. Nothing shitty but needs action or awareness, or choice.

Study your body and mind. Become truly woke. Fuck your name. Fuck Jesus. Love in its purest form.
>>
>What's the best posture to meditate in?
Spine straight, head up, but relaxed. Sitting in a chair works fine for beginners. Or just sitting down with your back against a wall.

>What's the best procedure of meditating?
The fact that you're asking how much time you should exhale etc. makes me think that you don't exactly know meditation is. Focusing on your breath is only one way of meditating (although it's the most known and practiced), but you're not supposed to try to control it one way or another, not even analyze it. You're just observing it. As a matter of fact you can just as simply observe an object in front of you. The idea is that you're focusing on one thing alone in order to clear your mind so you can improve your concentration, patience and to learn how to "control" your thoughts. There isn't anything special about your breath here, you're just using it as an object to observe.

Here, this is a decent explanation of meditation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wirV265ZYSw

>What music/soundtrack should I play when meditating?
None, they'll only distract you.
>>
>>17922020

Forgot soundtrack.

Really ambient ambient for the normies. No psybient, no psytrance no vaporwave or Jefferson Airfuck or junkie shit.

Trve fvcks perform in complete silence. No cumputer fan or random cars/dog barking. SILENCE. Then shit gets real.

Or does it?...Ever heard walls clicking??
>>
>>17922038

Correct as for transcendental meditation. Just shut everything, stay still and empty your mind. Start with the basics.

Quoting the video: "there's no principle, no ritual, no god, no book or particular method" Well fuck you Leo, it's been thousands of years indian masters practised yoga and meditation in languages we can't even translate anymore, not even mentioning the countless forms of yoga, you ain't throwing away an entire part of humanity in a fucking 20min YouTube video.
>>
>>17922080
The point of that phrase was that meditation, the actual process is very simple. You don't need to do anything fancy, you don't need to have access to any special information in order to do it.

And he's right, people turned meditation into mysticism nonsense with all their theories. "you must be close to nature when doing it", "you must breath in a certain way", "you must sit in lotus position" and so many ridiculous ideas that turn meditation into an intimidating religion, so people will either think it's silly mysticism or get so caught up in the made-up shit that they forget the actual purpose and practice behind all the bullshit. Like the anon who replied before me. You don't need to know much about meditation or the world as a whole to figure out that most of that is nonsense. And so, when your average anon reads that they decide that meditation is a shady religious practice that does nothing.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.