[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is working in a call center in your 30s surrounded by morons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1482374447955.jpg (149KB, 788x949px) Image search: [Google]
1482374447955.jpg
149KB, 788x949px
Is working in a call center in your 30s surrounded by morons pathetic?

It is pathetic isn't it?
>>
>>17920964
Nope, not pathetic. A job is a job, someone's got to do it. You're an integral part of our society.
>>
>>17920964

depends on the context.

nothing more pathetic than a guy in his 30s working at a call center who thinks that hes the only one thats not a moron though.
>>
Would you rather have no job?
>>
be unemployed forever it is
>>
You are the only one that can change things.
>>
>>17920999
Nice trips. Sure, it would sound mean at first glance, but it's not meant to be. If anything I feel pretty alone and isolated. I am constantly having to clear up others' mistakes. No one gives a fuck about their job. And it's my fault for choosing to work here.
>>
>>17921037

>at first glance it seems mean
>but it turns out i really am just pretentious enough to see myself as better than people who are in the same position as me

hell, whats worse is most of them are probably better off than you, much younger and in a transitory job.

>choosing to work here
>choosing

sure, the same way an immigrant chooses to be a bus boy instead of a CEO.
>>
>>17920964

Why don't you get your certification in Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD)? I'm a paramedic, and we have some idiots in our dispatch. Getting certified as an EMD requires no medical training, you simply go to a 3 day course, take a test, then you're certified. My work paid for me to do it, and believe me, it's much harder to do when you actually have a medical background. Much like telemarketers read scripts, so do EMD dispatchers. You'll still answer phones all day, but at least the calls will give you some excitement, and you can actually save lives (you'll walk people through performing CPR, giving birth, etc.) There's a lot of stress that goes along with it, on account of you'll be on the phone with people in life-threatening/life altering situations sometimes, but it's far more fulfilling, and something you can be proud of. There's also branches of EMD for Fire/Police. Many dispatch centers will offer you reimbursement for the class, or pay for it entirely, because it's not nationally required (yet).
>>
>>17920979
this
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.