[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need career /adv/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

I was an intern at my company, did very well, got a good review, but I didn't get a full-time offer automatically. I still had to apply. And trust me, I did everything I could within my power to do well. I worked free overtime, always did things and added extra effort, made a lot of friends in the workplace, etc.

After applying, I got an interview, thought I did well enough, but apparently I was not "as good" as the other applicants (people were hired above me have never even worked in the company ever).

Instead they gave me a temporary contract. Obviously I felt like shit and this felt like a fucking slap on the face.

Worked for a year being a fucking temp. Positions opens up again for the full time job, so I applied again, but this time I got in.

Here's my problem. I can't help but feel like the first time I applied and got rejected still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I know, I'm being a bitch or whatever, but I have pride too. I took the job obviously; however, here is where I need real advice: is this company worth working for? I keep feeling like I should keep looking for a different job regardless of job security, benefits, pay, etc.

What do you guys think?

Pic not directly unrelated
>>
>>17920179
It's a good idea to always keep your career moving and keep your options open.

But bc they didn't pick you the first time doesn't meant the job is bad... maybe you had poor interview skills
>>
>>17920179
Don't be a fucking cuck OP. I worked as an intern for a year, and they didn't offer me a position afterwards. Needless to say, I was offered a much higher paying job at a different firm, and will never work for them again. Don't let some company cuck you OP
>>
>>17920215
I agree. Thanks, anon. I will keep trying to get out. I don't want to enter the job market unemployed, however.
>>
>>17920194
I do well in interviews. They told me I did well, but for some reason the others were just better, apparently, even without working a single day in the company.

I'm definitely going to keep looking for a different job.
>>
>>17920179
Just get a few years of experience at your current position and go shopping for something higher on the food chain.

I'm not even mad at the company (you shouldn't be either), only faggots work for free.
>>
>>17920472
OP were the jobs you were applying for entry level? I knew a guy who also thought internship = garunteed job and applied to senior level positions coming out of a college internship and was shocked when he didnt get the job
>>
>>17920564
not op but lmao
>>
>>17920179

i think you've got some attitude problem that needs to be adjusted to reality

so you didn't make the 1st cut big woop and now they want you the 2nd time

>>17920215
maybe this who knows
>>
>>17920564
Yes, this was an entry level position (title had "in training" included).

>>17920597
I can tell you without a doubt it was not me. Went through the interview confident and humble about being given the opportunity.
And it is a big Woop. When you bust your ass off working for a company and then they treat you as second tier, it's hard not to feel angry and frustrated when they only give you a temp job.

>>17920516
See above.
>>
>>17920643
>When you bust your ass off working for a company

well maybe you are not a fit there ? if you are working that hard are you getting alot done ? maybe other people work 1/2 as much as you but still get 2x as much work done ?

maybe you have zero idea of what the working world is like ?

idk all i read is whining whihc in my work experience is either whining with or without justification

i've had conitracts where i had to bust my ass and still only did "ok" and other contracts where it was a breeze and i stomped the work - why is this ? for me it was a mismatch between my skills abilities and the job requirements

you don't get performance on effort alone, effort is not enough etc etc
>>
>>17920657
No. My manager knew that I was carrying a huge workload for the group. Which is why he gave me a good reference that led to getting an interview in the first place.
>>
>>17920677

could be as simple as your mgr pissed off somebody higher up the chain & that person said - fuck i'll never approve some workhorse so that guy's group can do well - yes this crap happens all the time

did that happen to you ? who knows

otherwise i'll fallback on it could just be the "company" did not see you as a good fit at that time

just try to learn from this somehow someway

good luck
>>
>>17920707
Thanks, I'll try.
I always try to learn. Hopefully this can be a lesson in only doing things I want to do. I honestly regret taking the temp job; I loathe working in this place. It's getting worse everyday. I'll just have to keep applying, I suppose, and work through this time of my life.

Thanks for all the /adv/.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.