[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Treatment for Acne?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Acne-close-up.jpg (217KB, 2000x1330px) Image search: [Google]
Acne-close-up.jpg
217KB, 2000x1330px
Does anyone have any advice on the treatment of acne? Mine flared up the other day it's just annoying now.

I'm already using a peroxide cream and a face cleanser twice a day. Anything else I can try?
>>
Tea tree oil but make sure it's diluted meaning it's in liquid form. If it's not diluted it can worsen your skin. Also keep dairy consumption to a minimum.
>>
>>17919804
I stopped getting acne as soon as I stopped shaving every day.
>>
>>17919859
I tried that once. Unfortunately it had disastrous effects on my skin
>>
>>17919866
that's a good point actually. I feel like when i shave it just inflammes the acne further. And the facial hair even hides alot of the pimples and stuff anyway
>>
>>17919877
I had acne at an embarrassingly old age too, like 25. Luckily beards became fashionable around that time.
>>
>>17919804
>>17919866
The bacteria on your razor can cause ache. Try sterilizing your razor by soaking it in isopropyl alcohol before and after using it.
>>
Look up Rhodan and Fields. Their stuff may seem expensive buy it lasts for months and clears up acne quick
>>
>>17919804
If its really that bad see a dermatologist.
>>
File: b&a.jpg (211KB, 1600x447px) Image search: [Google]
b&a.jpg
211KB, 1600x447px
>>17919804

this is me, before and after tretinoin.

the problem is that if oyu ahve bad acne it really only keeps it below the surface. i still had one pimple a week, maybe one day a week with perfectly clear skin, but so much as making out wiht someone or sleeping iwth my skin touching the pillow case (even freshly washed) would ruin it.

i recommend accutane. i know it sounds scary but it changed my entire life. i no longer sit around the mirror all day trying to treat acne. i can eat whatever i want. i can make out with whoever i want. i can say 'wanna go on a date this saturday?' without worrying about if ill have volcanos on my face at the last minute.

please, dont waste your time. try accutane. i only needed it for 9 weeks.
>>
>>17919804

go to dermatologist get prescriptions for clindamycin sulfacet etc
>>
>>17920433
I was on accutane and it was a life changer. But I would not immediately recommend it because if how harsh it is. Talk to a dermatologist and see what your options are. They'll probably have you try other things that could work just as well.

But if they do suggest accutane, I highly suggest you take it. Seriously, it changed my life. My skin became perfectly clear and the only side effect I had was chapped lips.
>>
>>17919804
i had mild acne and it stopped when i stopped worrying about it. stopped using face wash and all that and it got a lot better. also it seemed to clear up when i stopped eating meat and started drinking almond milk instead of dairy milk so that might have something to do with it.. i use a little bit of tea tree oil because when i do get the occasional pimple, the mark sticks around for a long time.
>>
File: 1477184603152.png (84KB, 250x419px) Image search: [Google]
1477184603152.png
84KB, 250x419px
>>17919804
1.) keep your hair short.
2.) throw a really thin & cheap dry towel over the pillow you sleep on.

Works better than any proactiv shit/tea oil crap I've ever heard of. Wash said towel every 3 or 4 days. I would still do what ever face cleansing stuff you do right before you go to bed that doesn't involve oils.
>>
>>17919804
Grow up.

Literally.

90% of acne is caused by the hormonal/chemical craziness going on in an adolescent body. You can fight the results with creams and cleansers, but you ultimately have to wait for the causes to stop.
>>
>>17919804
This may seem like a silly question, but do you use a moisturiser or cream?
Sometimes acne is formed because you're overproducing sebum/oil because your skin is too dry. Seen many people trying to dry out their skin because they think it's oily, when in fact it's in desperate need of moisture.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.