[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I would like some perspective on if I did the right thing. My

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot (6).png (853KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (6).png
853KB, 1920x1080px
I would like some perspective on if I did the right thing.

My boyfriend and I both browse Reddit often, and some of the pages we visit overlap. I wasn't actively searching for him, I was really just browsing, but I ended up finding his account through a post (his username was an inside joke between us). I'll admit I snooped and looked through the user's history to make sure because what I read in the initial thread really disturbed me: He was outlining ways he was planning on killing himself. My BF has been depressed for as long as I can remember and he's in therapy, but he still confides to me occasionally that he wants to die. Here's a small excerpt of what he wrote:

"...I am going to kill myself tomorrow, after I break up with my boyfriend. I will use the oxycodone I bought off the internet and I will call the police ahead of time so my family does not find my body."

I feel sick just writing that out. Things with us have been rocky lately. He wrote that last night, I found the thread this morning. After he got off work I called him and told him what I found. Now he's furious, saying that this is a breach of privacy and that I have no right to do that. I know it was wrong to snoop but I seriously would never forgive myself if he actually DID kill himself and I said nothing, knowing his intention...

Please. Let me know if I did the wrong thing. Thank you.
>>
I think you did the right thing, I would probably confront him about it too in your situation. I mean considering what he wrote, you have the right to be concerned about him... And yeah, like you said what if you kept quiet and he went through with it. That would be crushing...
Wish ya the best
>>
>>17919782
sounds like he thinks you logged into his reddit to view his posts. I'd clear that up, since you claim to have found it by mistake.

If someone is talking about killing themselves I always recommend they see someone, like a therapist, about it. That's a very serious issue that can be solved pretty easily most of the time.
>>
First of all, explain that you found it through his username. I mean, you both browse reddit and he used an inside joke as an account name - did he really expect that you would never ever see it?
>>
>>17919782
Dumb decision the last thing a suicidal person needs is you butting in ok their privacy. If he kills himself you're to blame.
>>
>>17919843
Do you really think that?
So what, you would just pretend you didn't see anything?
>>
>>17919782
>My boyfriend and I bith browsr Reddit
Stopped reading right there. Fuck off back to r.eddit you dumb fucking cunt.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.