[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lung cancer at 23

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: 1-10-500-500-100.jpg (81KB, 500x417px) Image search: [Google]
1-10-500-500-100.jpg
81KB, 500x417px
>Be 25 girl
>Date a 23 year old wonderful guy for 3 months
>We fall in love with each other
>He's had a lingering cough for a couple of months and random chest pains so he went to the hospital for an xray
>Last friday, after a battery of tests, we receive the final sentence
>He has lung cancer
>Fucking lung cancer
>He has never smoked in his life
>He is a fitness coach, extremely healthy
>I've only been with him for 3 months but he is the best person I could ever dream of spending the rest of my life with
>I have never been so depressed
>Prognosis for lung cancer is 15% survival after 5 years, on average
>It is so rare at his age his doctor has never seen anyone as young as him with lung cancer

I've been crying myself every night for the past few weeks, unable to eat, sleep or work. I don't think I will ever be happy again. If he dies I will never recover from this... This really feels like a nightmare I cannot wake up from. All I can read about online is that lung cancer is mostly incurable and the only treatments available are meant to prolong life and not cure. I understand for someone who is 70 (most lung cancer patients are older than 60 and lifelong smokers) How can you say this to a 23 year who still has his whole life to live ? I don't want him to live 5 more years in a hospital bed, I want him to grow old and have a normal life, with or without me.

How can ever recover ? How do I help him in his battle against cancer ?

>Pic unrelated, not his x-ray
>>
Sorry to say it op but It's something you are going to have to deal with.
Bad things happen to good people too.
You have to go through the stages of grief.
But ultimately you have to get your ducks in a row and accept the fact that this is out of your hands. Best thing is not to get your hopes up, but be there for him now that he needs you. Enjoy what time you two have left and get ready to move on.
>>
>>17919695
It really depends on the stage.
White it certainly sucks that he got cancer at fucking 23, it's the moment when he has better chances of healing.

Don't get your hopes up. Stand by his side and love him. Enjoy every moment you get to spend with him.
Get psychological help if necessary.
>>
File: 1481562189538.jpg (80KB, 960x945px) Image search: [Google]
1481562189538.jpg
80KB, 960x945px
Wahahahaha ! Get stoned! Weed cures cancer!!!
>>
File: 93a.jpg (44KB, 600x508px) Image search: [Google]
93a.jpg
44KB, 600x508px
>>17919695
>23
>He has lung cancer
F
>>
>>17919722
They told him it's stage 1 or 2. His tumor is less than 3cm.

For me it doesn't mean anything because even if it gets surgically removed, he can still relapse, get metastases and become stage IV in a matter or weeks, or months. It's not that uncommon.
>>
This truly sucks, as I am 24 myself and feel for the guy.That's life, it doesn't give a fuck

Just cherish every moment you two have together, make him feel happy that he is still alive and with you. Do this, but keep in mind that one day he will not be around anymore.

If his odds of recovering are close to none, then forget about chemo and just give him your love,maybe who knows...

If not, remember that time heals everything and he will certainly want you to be happy in spite of his condition.
>>
>>17919695
Sorry to hear that. Support him as much as you can. Best of luck for you two.
>>
i had same symptoms and only had tuberculosis, i feel envy of ur bf :c
>>
>>17919743
He is in the best conditions to face this.

He has found out at a very early stage and he's really young.
Everything might happen, but take things one day at the time.
When you're over with this fight, consider the next one. Stop worrying about the future. Worry about the present.
>>
>>17919695
I know from experience its hard, but try to stay positive and spend time making eachother happy. You don't want to regret letting this make your possible final days with him unhappy. I know I'm making it sound like you should prepare for the worst, but its not over yet. And There's always hope things will turn out right
>>
He's lucky that it's early, and he's young and fit. That's the best situation to be in for this.
That being said, that's really awful, and you and your man have my deepest sympathy.
>>
>>17919710

>Sorry to say it, but you are going to have to deal with it.

Unfortunately, this is the only reality there is to the situation. Life certainly isn't fair, but shitty things happen to good people everyday and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. All you can do is spend time and make the best of it.
>>
File: 1482862117800.jpg (118KB, 422x422px) Image search: [Google]
1482862117800.jpg
118KB, 422x422px
That's what you get for getting attached to someone you've known for 3 months.
Life long suffering.
>mfw
>>
>>17920068
>mfw
>edge
>trump

I know its your first time here but you don't need to act like a edgy 14 year old to fit in
>>
This is a test of how you truly feel about him.

A shitstorm has arrived. Do you stay at his side even if he dies, or do you leave him behind to not suffer gratuitous pain?

Do whatever brings you mental peace.
>>
>>17919743
stage 1 (caught early) and the fact that he is young definitely means he has good odds of beating it
>>
you could just be overreacting in a way, he could beat the cancer. however, if things truly are dire in his circumstances, then do what you gotta do to make you happy. cut the cord or stay by their side. up to you how you deal with this situation. honestly, it'd be fucked up if you cut the cord on this guy if he really does mean so much to you, but lololol, good luck to him regardless of your guy's situation.
>>
One of my best friends stepdad had lung cancer, was supposed to die, also super tiny chance.

20 years later the dude is still living. Not the fittest of the bunch, but still very much alive. Also he was in his 40's then, in his 60's now.

Sorry for your struggle, but know people can make it, especially with support!
>>
>>17920080
u sound dumb, why are u mad somones trolling somone, on this website, in this day and age. RETARDDDDDDD
>>
21 y/o lung cancer survivor here. Depending on where it is, they may just be able to surgically remove the lung area affected. See if he can get a PET scan with contrast just in case it has spread anywhere else. You should also do a biopsy to see if it is carcinogenic or not. Recovery will be rough for him no matter what with a decreased lung capacity, but will happen. Go on walks with him everyday to help him build back lung capacity.

T. Cushing's Syndrome guy
>>
>>17919695
>>Prognosis for lung cancer is 15% survival after 5 years, on average
this is taken from statistics that use the average patient. a fit 23 yo is not the average patient. chance is way higher for him most certainly.
>>
3 months is in the honeymoon stage. You don't love him.

Honestly, it's better for you to leave him now than wait for the relationship to decay. It won't be the "wuuhh so sad and romantic" story you think. He'll get angry, and depressed, and developing a relationship with you will be the last thing on his mind.
>>
>all these people dying and I'm still living

What a joke. I wish i could get lung cancer outta nowhere like he did.
>>
>>17921028
>someone
You mean you. And "this website", yeah, you are trying to fit in then.
>>
OP here

>>17920497
I can't cut the cord. I'll be so miserable thinking I left him when he needed me the most, I might kill myself then.

>>17920960
Thanks, I love hearing stories like these.

>>17921073
You are the younges lung cancer survivor I've ever read about on the internet. Can you give me more information about the stage, type of cancer you had and how it was treated ? Hopefully my boyfriend is really stage 1 and wasn't understaged...

>>17921103
I'm not comparing us to a couple who has been married for 20 years. I just have feelings for him, how is this so hard to understand ?
>>
File: BfzZSEHCMAEuJmD.jpg (11KB, 289x292px) Image search: [Google]
BfzZSEHCMAEuJmD.jpg
11KB, 289x292px
>>17919724
>>
My sister dated a guy with cancer. She was in college and didn't pay much attention to his disease and never ending treatments.

They broke, but last time I knew from him he was well.
>>
File: cryingbaby.jpg (203KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cryingbaby.jpg
203KB, 1536x1024px
>>17921106
>>
>>17919695
> pic unrelated
Was going to mention that pic is clear af.
Tough shit, he is going to die young and there is nothing you can do about it. You are not the first nor the last, just because you are not seeing cases like that doesn't mean they don't exist. You are just 3 months together, ask him sideways to leave him, you don't really know him and it will scar you for no reason. If you want that much to stay, don't, but if you still do, just follow him on his initial treatment, which will most likely fail, and on the following compassionate treatment. Hope he will die sooner than later cause by the time is going to die he will look like he is 80, when he will be 25.
t. cynical doctor
>>
>>17923149
Where'd you get your degree, dumb meanie head school?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.