[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does it mean when people say love is a choice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1456279959854.gif (933KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
1456279959854.gif
933KB, 500x379px
What does it mean when people say love is a choice?
>>
You can love having apple pie leftovers in your fridge, and you can also love eating apple pie, but you must choose which love for apple pie is stronger, because once you decide on a love, the other love leaves you ;_;
>>
>>17919493
It means "love" is an example of weakness and people accept the best they can get.
>>
>>17919493
Love doesn't exist
>>
I don't think love is a choice, your heart just loves. I do think you can choose how you react to it. You can try to ride the wave and go for it with someone or deny then try moving on with someone else if you know that love wouldn't be enough to sustain a relationship or the person isn't the best fit for you. Or the other person won't love you, so you have to make the choice to let go of the feeling by working out those feelings and realize you can love it you want someone that will be a great partner with the same feelings for you.
>>
File: red letter media rich evans.jpg (57KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
red letter media rich evans.jpg
57KB, 919x720px
>>17919493
Love is like religion. Sometimes you just grow up to accept it and never question it, sometimes you seek it out yourself, and sometimes you just pretend to believe in it so you'll get something out of it in the end.
>>
It means anyone is capable of loving another person.

Look if it's not for you then don't worry about it
>>
This is a question that can have a shitton of answers, but here's mine: Love is and isn't a choice. It's a very complex thing that can't really be defined as a simple choice or not, since if you love someone, it means you've chosen to spend time with them to get to know them/bond with them, but at the same time, your feelings aren't really in your control because emotions aren't something that people can control. There's many different kinds of love out there; friendship/familial/romantic and such. What brought on this question, Anon?
>>
>>17919493
Retards that never experienced love or got heartbroken by some girl/dude
>>
>>17919613
There's this girl who's been in my life for 2 and a half years. We liked each other when we first met, but nothing happened because I was taken. We have always been close, a little too close for friends since we'd talk from good morning to good night. She's been head-over-heels in love with me for a while, but I'd always been adamant that I didn't feel the same and kind of walled her off.

Long story short, she's my girlfriend now. I care about her deeply. I'm always worried that what I feel for her isn't love, that it's just complacency and fear that I wasted her time for nothing. I tried to break up with her about a month into our "dating", but it was so painful I couldn't do it, I cried more than I ever have in my life. I'm just afraid that in reality I'm leading her on and should've let go a long time ago.
>>
It means that even if you don't feel affection for someone, you can still love them through your actions. A classic example is feeding and giving water to someone you consider your enemy just because they need it.
>>
>>17919645
you still here OP ?
>>
>>17919645
I'd say... bruh, if you guys were talking day-in & day-out, and you care about her for who she is, I'd say you love her. If you still want to keep being with her because she makes you happy and there aren't really any issues between you and her that you guys can't solve by talking, then stay together. If she's happy to be with you for who you are (and I'mma guess right now that she does because of how close you guys are, from what you described), then stay together. She's with you because she cares about you, and you're with her because you care about her, no? The fact that you're willing to talk with her day-in, day-out, and you even said you care for her deeply shows you love her.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.