[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Filling up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

So I want to lose weight and I know diet is mainly apart of that. My issue is that it takes alot of food to get me full. I don't have the budget to eat alot of food and if I do then it just keeps me fat. The biggest problem is that fast food is my weakness. For some reason I would have food at home cooked and ready to go, but I just don't feel in the mood for it and go to get something. How can I stop eating fast food and soda and replace it with something that will fill me up but help me lose pounds over time. I can't workout that much to burn it, maybe just a few times a week but still. I have to focus on my diet first.
>>
eat fucktons of fiber with little calories. water-rich foods are good too. so cucumbers for example.
the goal would be to adapt your stomach to smaller portions tough. in the end, nothing will get you around developing selfdiscipline
>>
>>17918645
So basically eat less and ignore my stomach if its in pain and wants food?
>>
>>17918634
I ATE LESS
A
T
E

L
E
S
S
>>
>>17918652
Yes
>>
>>17918678
That sounds dangerous honestly. I'd like a few more opinions on that concept before I try it
>>
>>17918652
basically. you don't need that much food. you are just used to the feeling of being stuffed instead of "not hungry".
don't fight it. acknowledge it instead of trying to ignore it. but don't give in to it
>>
What you experience is not a need to eat a lot of food, it's a craving. You made a habit out of eating fast food and now you feel like you have to do it. Your body doesn't need a mountain of fast food, but you trained your brain to desire it.

First of all, if you have no idea how much you should actually eat you may want to start counting calories.

http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html
Figure out your daily maintenance calorie level using ^ and eat try to eat 500-1000 less calories than that daily (depending on your weight. If you're really fat you should eat 1000 less if you only need to lose a few pounds you should eat 500 less)

Then you should eat food that has better nutritional values compared to calories. Fruits, vegetables, lean meat, stuff with no sugar etc. You have made a habit out of gulping down fast food, so you need to replace that with a healthier habit. You have certain triggers that prompt a craving for fast food, like coming home, passing McDonalds, watching a movie etc. Basically, things that you associate with fast food. If you ate some chips every time you watched a movie you'll crave them next time you do that. So you should try to identify these triggers and when you crave fast food because of them eat something healthier instead, something that you also enjoy. Like an apple. You won't feel satisfied at first, but as time passes your habit will change from eating fast food to eating apple so you'll crave apples instead.

Sure, you can just quit cold-turkey, eating only healthy food and watching your calories, but it's harder to do for a long time and most people give up pretty fast. It's better to try to "trick" your addiction.
>>
>>17918757
This. OP, count your calories. If you're still hungry after reaching your daily limit, rest assured that you aren't dying. You don't need to feel full, you need to reach your body's caloric need. Be disciplined until your hunger reduces in response to your new habits.
>>
>>17918681
It's not dangerous if you're fucking fat. All the fat in your body is just stored calories. If you don't eat as much as usual, you body will burn the stored calories instead.
>>
>>17918681

It's not dangerous at all, in fact the idea that you immediately go to "NOT EATING UNTIL IM FULL SOUNDS DANGEROUS" is dangerous on it's own.
>>
lmao op holy shit stop eating so much
>>
>>17918634
Some might call it a meme, but half a cup of oatmeal in the morning keeps me sated all the way through to lunch. I might steal a nibble of something earlier if I am moving around a lot, but otherwise that's it.

And it's not plain, either. To the quick oats I chuck I add half a teaspoon of milk powder, a pinch of cinnamon, a drop of vanilla extract, and a moderate quirt of maple syrup (about a tablespoon's worth.)

It's roughly 200 calories and keeps me going. Add one of those tiny boxes of raisins or half a banana to get a bit more sweetness in.

t. fat fuck who's lost 40 pounds over the last 4 months.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.