[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I pick a haircut without looking like an autist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1481780262661.jpg (33KB, 480x454px) Image search: [Google]
1481780262661.jpg
33KB, 480x454px
How the fuck do I pick a haircut without looking like an autist
>>
>>17917849
Fade fade fade fade fade
>>
"idk lol, just cut it shorter. I trust you, just cut it how you think would look good"

Biggest thing is going to a decent hair place.
>>
>number 2 back and sides and trim a little bit off the top
>>
>>17917920
This.
>>
"Guy's haircut."
>>
4 on the sides, finger length up top

i like to have a little bit to work with, even if I don't do anything with it ever
>>
>>17919274
Don't do this. This won't look good.

2 on the back and sides, and HALF a finger length on top. Go for the classic Hitler Youth look, it looks good on most guys.
>>
General guideline is to bring your overall face shape as close to an oval as possible.

>>17917855 - Start here. Go to an actual hair place, preferably a barber shop if you're a male. Going to cheap places like Great Clips/SuperCuts is only okay if you're just looking for a basic trim with your hair already in the shape you want it.

Also, >>17919302 has it pat, don't let 'Hitler Youth' deter you. The hair style he describes is very versatile.

Don't get unrealistic expectations, unless you have a naturally 'rugged look' don't try anything long and scrappy, you've gotta have the looks and the hair quality for that. If you adjust your expectations accordingly, beyond that 90% of how effective your haircut is, is simply how you wear it.
>>
walk into supercuts
point to poster on wall
>>
>>17919314
Can you use moose to make the hair go back? Or do you need that special gel?

Just ask them to basically buzz the sides right and keep the top long?
>>
>>17919302
I'm a shaggy bearded stoner, I'll keep the 4 on the sides and finger up top
>>
>>17919327

Moose thickens your hair. If that's your concern, you could use that. You'd want something that is labeled 'Holding' for actually 'stiffening' your hair so it maintains a shape.

For me personally, while my hair is wet after washing, I comb it back and then as it dries it will loosen up and come forward just a bit off to the side.
>>
>>17919336
What do you reccomend to "hold" it? And what store could I find it at?
>>
>>17919350

For something cheap? I used to use the Aussie Maximum Holding Gel.

http://aussie.com/en-us/shop-products/all-products/headstrong-volume-texturizing-gel

It's 'for women' but it works and I couldn't give two shits. You can get it at Wal-Mart or vritually anywhere, really, however; this is a question that mainly depends on your hair type and is a question that whoever is cutting your hair would be better suited to answer.

The Aussie stuff is great for general purpose, but again, ask whoever is cutting your hair. Do make sure you ask for 'type' of product, dont' ask them for a specific brand because they're going to try and sell you the overpriced shit they sell at the barber shop/hair salon.
>>
>>17919329
He said he wanted to pick a hairstyle WITHOUT looking like an autist. Not choose one to make sure everyone knows he's an autist.
>>
>>17919302
Hate the Nazis, but love their fashion
>>
>>17919384
Exactly, I mean, Hugo Boss designed their outfits, still, they were cunts to say the least.
>>
>>17919350
If you're looking for shinier I like suavecito (plus its cheap). Mascolo stuff works too.
>>
I just cut my own hair. I use #2/#3 guard on the sides and back and longest guard on the top.
>>
If you can't describe the cut you want grab pictures online. Search for a bit and look at what goes with your facial shape. Go to a decent place or barber shop. They won't look at you like some autist if you have some photos. They'll most likely be thankful since they're not mind-readers and you may not get exactly what you want with "cut it shorter" or it might be frustrating with you trying to describe the cut without knowing anything.

Don't go for something weird or insane, just go practical for now. Be honest with yourself and your hair. If your haircut isn't satisfactory it will always grow back out. If you love the shit out of your new haircut, by all means let the barber/person cutting it know and get their name for the next time you stop in.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.