[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't see a future in my life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1460948289584.jpg (24KB, 229x343px) Image search: [Google]
1460948289584.jpg
24KB, 229x343px
Hello people, and thank you already to those that will take the time to read and answer. Let's state the obvious: I need advices, or maybe more accurately, ideas.

Here's my general situation:
I'm 26 years old. My family is scarred by many past problems and is poor. I don't have a father anymore. I still live with my mother but it may have to come to an end. I know noone that can give me some serious material support.

I graduated a full year ago in my philosophy studies at the Sorbonne (yes, I'm French), so now I have a master in philosophy (the diploma gained at the end of the 5th year, just before PhD). Theoretically, I should now try the contests to become a philosophy teacher. In France, they're called CAPES and Agrégation, and both are extremely difficult in this discipline due to the very low number of open jobs, to the point that the results are in fact more a matter of luck than a matter of skill or work.

Here's my BIG problem: not only am I pathologically afraid of work, I'm also pathologically afraid of this kind of contests. It wasn't THAT clear 16 months ago, when I finished my studies. I was afraid and uncertain, but I thought that I could try. Now, in the middle of my second wasted year in a row, I'm absolutely certain of one thing: I will not be able to get these contests.

Also, it is for sure that I will not survive if I have to work for years in a shitty hard job with full hours in a company. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I can't be happy as an employee in a classical structure, and that only suicide awaits me in this way.

I feel completely unadapted to this society. I know that I could do great things, but it looks like I will die before doing them, for stupid reasons.

(cont.)
>>
Here's what I NEED to have:
- a way to gain just enough money to have (but not necessarily own, obviously) a home, have my privacy, eat, wash, use a computer. I don't need to be rich, just to be able to dream, think, create.
- as much free time as possible. Time is freedom, and I need freedom more than anything else. Working 8 hours a day all week long will mean my death, unless I have big vacation times like teachers usually do.
- stability. In other words, the rational hope that all these conditions will last until I'm old. This means that a profession where I would have to sell my work all the time without any guarantee that I will find clients is out of the question; I'm not and will never be a businessman, whether I will it or not. This also means that I need a sedentary life.

Here's what I NEED to avoid:
- physical jobs, as well as repetitive, boring, uninteresting jobs. If I need to work, and I probably do, my job needs to be at least a bit intellectually stimulating. I'm not saying that it has to be a dream job, but yea, I WILL very quickly be psychologically unable to live a life where I became a machine.
- contests with a lot of competition. They anguish me to the point of making me physically sick. I'm being serious.

That is all.

(cont.)
>>
Now, here are my skills:
- obviously, philosophy, and all that comes with it: I write very well, I'm logical, I explain complicated things easily, I know how to structure a scientific paper and reference it, I have a very good general knowledge (including history, art, science and religions)
- I'm good with students as well as with children, and I even have some experience and a small diploma to show that
- I have a very creative spirit and never cease inventing things
- I'm good with the internet and computers in general, even though I certainly can't code
- I'm fluent in both French and English
With a bit of luck, I may still have 2 years before me to develop a new skill.

Obviously, it looks like philosophy teacher would be an ideal job for me, except for the fact that it seems impossible to be one without passing hard contests or living in a very unstable situation (for private lessons).

Any other idea?
>>
1) You're not entitled to an easy life.
2) You shouldn't have gotten a useless degree.
3) You need to work to survive.
4) Stop being a lazy shit.
>>
>>17916856
It's nice to answer, but I hope you're aware of the fact that your answer is completely unhelpful.
>>
File: Kant_Portrait.jpg (13KB, 220x317px) Image search: [Google]
Kant_Portrait.jpg
13KB, 220x317px
It seems education is your best option. Would tutoring be another option that does not require a formal certification and work hours? That job would have large amounts of freedom and would fit your abilities quite well. Philosophers are the best tutors, Kant and Aristotle are good examples.
>>
>>17917156
Or did you also neg this, when you said "very unstable situation (for private lessons)." Unsure if that was referring to tutoring. Or if it violates your want for stability.
>>
Embrace nihilism and take up something like women's studies to get some job as a worthless consultant trying to bring diversity to whatever company stupid enough to hire you.
>>
>>17917156
I'd love to be a tutor. However, does this profession still exist? I believe it doesn't... If I'm wrong, please show me how to become one

>>17917167
It really depends on how it works. If being paid regularly is not really guaranteed, then it looks unstable.
>>
>>17917234
Interesting idea, I will look it up
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.