[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job Choice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: sheeple.png (46KB, 376x401px) Image search: [Google]
sheeple.png
46KB, 376x401px
Last thread I'm going to make on this.

Tomorrow I need to make a decision on one of two jobs. Almost all of the signs point toward taking the smaller job - it offers more money, more flexibility, and better pay.

That said, the other job has a bigger title, and I just sat and watched one of their commercials, reminding me how I'd like to have a bigger influence on a bigger company's decisions.

Do I go for short term satisfaction, or long term brand recognition?
>>
Sounds like you're choosing between a small company that pays well and sees you as a human being and a large company that will treat you like another cog in their machine

What about this "brand recognition" could possibly even benefit you?
>>
>>17916707
thiiiiis

Jobs that make room for your quality of life are RARE, op.
>>
>>17916701
Take the message of the commercials with a grain of salt. There's no way you'll have any big influence in a big company unless you're in upper management or something.
>>
>>17916701
Definitely choose the first one. Ambition will lead you nowhere. You can be happy without that. Money and flexibility are a lot more important to accomplish your dreams.
>>
>>17916707
>>17916810

I'm in upper corporate management at this stage of my career, and I'm coming from a company that is very recognizable.

I left my company due to them really fucking up my department and hoping I'd work insane hours to help clean up their mess, but they didn't realize I didn't have the ambition to break my back for a possible reward down the road.

Make sense?

The big company is their main competitor - again, a name most people would know.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.