[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Plot twist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 20160927_115551.jpg (117KB, 454x464px) Image search: [Google]
20160927_115551.jpg
117KB, 454x464px
As story writer i finally got my inspiration back to write something. I have started quite big story about asylum and psychotherapy. So far i have no plot so far but i have few ideas for it.

What concerns me is the ending. I love creating twists in the end but now i cant think of anything. One problem is trying to make this story different from Stonehearst asylum or Shutter island.

Info about my story so far:
Main character is young psychotherapist that recently started working in huge asylum where other doctors are really old and boring so he really finds it interesting to talk with patients and get to know them more.

So help me anons and give me your ideas of plot twists for a story like this.

I really like the idea of doctor actually being a patient and all his work being just his imagination but that shit is overused in popular culture.

Any kinds of plot twists welcome
>>
The asylum is just a front by the government to pull lesser known scientist to doing free controlled black op research.
>>
I like the idea of involving government and some shady researches. But somehow that goes into sci fi that is one of my weakest side. Right now i am strictly having my own mini research about mental disorders to make patients more realistic.
Btw the story takes place in undecided year so i am still free to change it from 100 years ago to today or anything between.
>>
File: 20161106_004429.jpg (242KB, 614x409px) Image search: [Google]
20161106_004429.jpg
242KB, 614x409px
Also my strongest side is philosophy and philosophical ending twists about good being bad and vice versa, balancing between bad actions but having a good purpose and shit like that. But now i am out of ideas because they all seem to sinilar to Stonehearst asylum or Shutter island
>>
File: IMG-20161231-WA0032.jpg (78KB, 494x364px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161231-WA0032.jpg
78KB, 494x364px
My first idea was about this main character getting to know patients so well and getting into their heads so much that he slowly starts to lose his mind himself when he suddenly realises that he has become a patient himself and possibly it was just a part of an experiment by other psychotherapists about seeing how well mentall illnesses transfer from person to person and how dangerous it can be to look into minds of crazy people.
Feel free to share your ideas, people
>>
Bump?
>>
Your idea is done quite often in that kind of setting, so it is kind of off putting. Unless you are an astounding writer who is

able to create interesting characters I don't see this going anywhere. I would suggest writing small scenes with this

character you are thinking about, other than that providing ideas to you seems to be a waste of time. Also from what I

can see by your writing English is not your first language. Regardless you should probably read some more books and

work on your basic writing skills.
>>
Also i suggest reading the Hugo award winning books. Unless you are going to start writing overly sexual romance Sci-Fi or fantasy is

where it is at my friend.
>>
>>17916628
Im not writing this story in english. Thankfully im not stupid enough to do that. So the language should be fine. I have a small story baggage already. Not that new to this. With this i just wanted to see if other have any mind twisting ideas. Nothing comes to my mind recently but i have an inspiration to write again but people are amazing and many of them have brilliant ideas that i can never think of. Might not be the right place where to look for these brilliant ideas but i am still willing to try and see.
Alao thanks for the suggestions, i will definitely check them out. It is never too late to improve myself. Cheers.
>>
the young therapist is actually a patient

But that's an obvious one, predictable as fuck.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.