[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

How can I keep home-made gummy edibles fresh as long as possible without refrigerating them? I bought some and later realized they will probably not last long enough for me to finish them.

I was thinking maybe storing them in a lot of cornstarch would help? Maybe they'd dry out in there and become more like hard candy?
>>
where tf are you that you don't have a fridge?

I'd just do a cool, dark, airtight space. I doubt they would go bad unless they were kept like that for like a year. Don't fuck around with cornstarch
>>
>>17916424
I also haven't heard of edibles losing their potency btw op. Consider that places where it's legal sell edibles as packaged goods that are probably on the shelf for months before they are consumed.
>>
>>17916424
I can't put them in the fridge because I still live with my parents. Also, can you elaborate on "don't fuck around with cornstarch"?

>>17916431
Yeah, but those edibles aren't home-made so they likely have something that preserves them well.
>>
>>17916448
sorry for taking forever, had other tabs open

First of all, do you know for a fact that the cornstarch would do anything at all? I would think at the end of all this you'd have gummy bears with the same shelf life... just now they're covered in cornstarch, gross

according to Google, Gummy bears have a pantry shelf life of 6-8 months. THC has a shelf life of a year or more

also, this:
http://www.westword.com/news/dear-stoner-how-long-do-edibles-stay-potent-7216209

search engines are your friend my dude
>>
>>17916431

you haven't heard ? cripes have you ever even BOUGHT edibles in a legal state ? the packaging has expiration date because YES they do lose potency

op the best long term storage for 420 is alcohol tincture, we're talking years & years of shelf life with zero loss potency

do internet search - safest way to make is "cold" method
>>
>>17916609
Yes they have an expiration date but they last months and months. I don't have legal edibles in my state but my roommate has literally kept a loosely closed ziploc baggie full of thc edibles in his pantry for months and they were strong af.

We're not dealing with LSD or something here; weed doesn't last forever but it lasts a hell of a long time
>>
>>17916603
I have searched for hours, my dude, and I found people having trouble with home-made gummy bears not molding after a week. Many sites said that.

>>17916622
>>17916603
I'm not worried about potency, I'm just concerned with it being safe to eat. I'm just asking about general food spoilage, home-made gummy bears in this case. I was told they will last 2~ months if refrigerated, but your roommate kept some gummies in his pantry for months and they were still good?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.