[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is dating really like in your 20s? I've never really dated.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: 1480616239833.jpg (106KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1480616239833.jpg
106KB, 480x360px
What is dating really like in your 20s? I've never really dated.
>>
That's such a broad question I don't even know what you're asking anymore
>>
>>17915502
been shit for me so far but i have only dated 3 girls in my 20s. im 22.

first girl was kinda my own fault. she was really trashy and i dumped her more or less straight away

second girl gave me some bull shit about not feeling a spark after a few dates. gave her a week to think about it. she wanted to date again. she kept flaking on any dates i set up.

thirds girl. this has recently happened. after a few dates she gave me bull shit about moving too fast and not feeling an initial spark. a week later she asked me out for a drink and she has been texting me a bit.
>>
>>17915502

its different for everyone. im gay and in the big city, so its just an endless stream of sex at this point. i cant remember the last time i was asked out on a legit date by someone that i considered attractive. usually only really fat or really old guys try to ask you on a legit date and even then they'll follow it up with 'THEN YOU GIMME TEH SEX?'

so i just setttle for fucking a different guy every day of the week. I got 3 really hot guys trying to get fucked today and i have to try and schedule two of em for tomorrow and the next day.
>>
>>17915502

no different than in your teens if you know what you're doing.
>>
>>17915539

those girls that want to go out for drinks or coffee never feel a spark.

It is probably because they're basing their concept of dating off of tv and movies.

Take her to the mall or to a nature trail or something. somewhere you're active and able to actually flirt. not just talk.
>>
Eh it's alright. If you're in your 20s you should really prioritize your career and self-improvement over dating.

>Be me
>gf of four years
>break up in May
>Since May I've had 12 hookups, 2 short term gf's, countless dates, one long term FWB
>Cut ties with all of them
>Now focusing on my career and self-growth/self-love.

Let girls come naturally, IMO. The universe will give you what you need when you're ready for it. I have too much shit to do to be going out chasing girls, searching for my next love.
>>
>>17915574
I'll second this. Chats are good for the first meeting, but you can actually begin to flirt when you're doing stuff. Hikes, movies/Netflix, drives.
>>
>>17915574
>those girls that want to go out for drinks or coffee never feel a spark.

yeah, its annoying. a spark doesent always happen straight away, especially not after a few dates.

>Take her to the mall or to a nature trail or something. somewhere you're active and able to actually flirt. not just talk.

isnt really anything like that here. well there are shopping centers but they are shitty. i was planning on taking the third one to an art museum before she ended it. she said she wanted to try being friends for now, i guess to see if anything could come from it but i dont know if i can even be bothered. i also see her active on a dating site so i know she is speaking to other fellas.
>>
22 now. Had zero girlfriends, just random hook ups. I hate it desu. I'm thr romantic type and don't find sex all that great unless I care about the person. Then it's very good.

I'm pretty sure the dating scene is gone for good. I haven't seen anyone date outside high school in my state. All people do is fuck strangers and marry high school sweethearts.
>>
>>17915574
Will girls do things like that for a first date?
>>
>>17915745
i wonder where it went wrong. i even see guys of 30 saying that the dating game has changed. im guessing all these dating apps have something to do it.
>>
>>17915563
I am straight and I envy you because we have to put up with female bulllshit. We need to actually jump a hoop or two like a dog to get sex.
>>
>>17916130
>We need to actually jump a hoop or two like a dog to get sex.
Fuck this, I have a couple of gay friends and they can get sex like it's nothing.
>>
>>17916197
i think you misread what he said. he was saying that its really easy to get gay sex in comparison to straight.
>>
>>17915948

If you're not an asshat who thinks you have to get a date after two messages and one text.

If you seem like a guy who actually wants to get to know her and wants to see where things go.

Plus, like I said, the girls who want to meet up for drinks or coffee have watched too many romantic comedies and have skewed expectations. I wouldn't bother with them.
>>
>>17916226
I didn't, the 'fuck this' was an agreement.
>>
>>17916263
oh lol. yeah, i have been bi curious in the past (still kinda am) and went on a few gay chat room, it is incredibly easy to get gay sex. i have had gay people message me on aps straight up asking for sex. its like a different world.
>>
>>17915502
A load of rejection or breakups till u find the right one.
Protip: stay away from anyone who asks what you do for a living right away.
>>
>>17916290
Why?
>>
>>17916298
because they are probably only interested in your social status or money.
>>
>>17915608
>a spark doesent always happen straight away, especially not after a few dates.
So if you go on a date with a female what would make you decide not to go on a second or third date? You say a spark doesn't necessarily happen right away, but do guys wait for it or even care about sparks?
>>
>>17916305
I don't think that necessarily true, sometimes you just a way to make small talk.
>>
>>17916306
>So if you go on a date with a female what would make you decide not to go on a second or third date?

if i didnt get on with her, if i didnt feel chemistry, if i didnt like her as person etc. the reasons are obvious.

>You say a spark doesn't necessarily happen right away, but do guys wait for it or even care about sparks?

well i do but i dont expect it straight away. you dont get feelings or them butter flies in your stomach for someone after a few dates, it takes time to form a proper relationship with someone or to actually like them. if someone is feelings sparks straight away they are probably infatuated and in love with an idea rather than the actual person. you cant feels sparks for someone you dont know, so feeling them straight away is illogical.

women read too many romance books. if you are happy being with someone then nothing else really matters. the "spark" will eventually go anyway once you get used to someone. what is really important is knowing you really enjoy a persons company and having a lot in common with them.
>>
>>17915598
Damn are you me? I broke up with my gf of 3 years at 21, I'm now 22, have literally 8 different girls I'm talking to who I've met over the course of a year or so, and really just thinking about ghosting every single one of them to focus on myself and find one great girl later on after getting my shit together, instead of having 8 good looking but uninteresting and emotionally empty girls to occasionally bang.

How's it been going for you? Do you regret it or was it a good decision in the end?
>>
>>17915502
>hey babe you wanna catch a movie?
>nah let's just make a lot of frozen food and watch Netflix

Pretty comfy t b h
>>
>>17916373
do you do this one first date? i dont see how you can get to know someone if you're sat there watcing a movie with them
>>
>>17916381
No, but that wasn't the OP.

Haven't been on any first dates in my twenties since I stayed with my high school girlfriend.
>>
>>17916398
>since I stayed with my high school girlfriend.

seems like all the successful relationships are like this lol. my friend is married and just had a kid with a girl he knew from school.
>>
To me it seems a little backward post-uni as compared to pre-uni. As a teen dating was a game to spend enough time with a girl to get her to like you enough / feel comfortable enough to fuck, or not. Now it seems like I'm fucking on the first encounter (netflix+chill basically) then going on real dates after that; girls that aren't interested enough to get frisky on the first date usually don't agree to a second one. I think we're mature enough to just say if we want to bone or not rather than playing shy or innocent just because, but maybe the ways I meet girls now (bar scene/date app/etc) just lend themselves more to meeting that kind of girl as opposed to doing a class project with a cutie at uni or something. On the other hand, I've never had a relationship that started with sex last longer than a few months so I don't really think this way is an improvement.

t. 26 y.o. normie
>>
>>17916462
>As a teen dating was a game to spend enough time with a girl to get her to like you enough / feel comfortable enough to fuck, or not.

its too much of a piss take to do that now. i feel like i have to fuck a girl as quick as possible now because if i dont then some other guy will. its too easy for girls to be talking to guys now because of apps. back in the day girls where a lot more limited. guys technically have more access but we all know the apps are shit for guys
>>
>>17916411
Some people just have great chemistry and the good fortune to find their other half at a young age

It makes me incredible thankful.
>>
>>17916462
I've noticed that too. When I don't fuck a girl on the first encounter they break it off with me and the girls I do fuck text me again. It took me a year to realize this
>>
>>17916462

I've noticed the opposite. But then again, I'm not frequenting the bar scene, tinder scene. And the girls I tend to associate with aren't that type.
>>
>>17916130

I'm bi. Sex is a non-issue. I prefer women, but if I'm unsuccessful, finding some gay strange is the easiest fucking thing ever.

>>17915502
Not as good as dating in your 30s. Personally, i've found the older I get the more my options open up. At this point I can fuck a 20 something just as easily as a 30 or 40 something.

I'm swimming in more/better pussy and dick than I ever have in my 20's
>>
Dating is pretty much impossible for an average guy outside of a few lucky streaks and WAY low standards.
>>
>>17917326
If by 'average guy' you mean 'average guy on 4chan', then yes, that is absolutely true.
>>
>>17917331
I know average is relative and changes all the time but I feel like you have to be hypercompetitive in dating and the job market these days and I'd rather focus on the jobs.
>>
>>17917339
Normal, actually average, people have no trouble dating.
>>
23 here
i've had shit luck, a gf for a few months when i was 20 and a few flings here and there, but nothing with any long term prospects. it's hard to get a girl to give me the time of day for some reason. I'd get matches on tinder and when i was using okc/match, but I'd get ghosted so often when things seemed to go well. i'm probably fucking something up while messaging
I've heard from a bunch of people that your 20s are the shittiest dating years of your life, and I'm inclined to believe it
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.