[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has 4chan poisoned my mind?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (366KB, 1126x1025px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
366KB, 1126x1025px
I've been on here for 12 years now, and generally have just thought of 4chan as a way to waste my time.

However, over the past two years or so, I've been noticing that my opinions towards marriage and having a family have drastically changed since I was younger. I'm certainly not "redpilled," nor do I hate women, but I've started to feel like marriage is doomed to fail, and kids are nothing but a sign that your life is more or less over - you just serve to facilitate their lives.

Is this just normal as someone in their 30s, or is this leak over from spending too much time on this site? Should I walk away and try to realign my thinking to how I was when I was younger and more optimistic?
>>
How could you be on 4chan for 12 yrs and not get redpilled

You must not be finding the right women. The best joy of life is nailing down a perfect conservative woman to make into your wife and then having a bunch of kids to raise as your champions.

Sitting on the front porch of your expansive house, shotgun and beer in hand, as you watch your children go to prom, go graduate, this is what life is all about, you get to continue the eternal circle of life and manifest love into the world

How tf you even think redpill people hate women?
>>
>>17915277

Btw maybe don't drink with a shotgun. But thats not exactly what I am talking about.
>>
>>17915277

I'm not a conservative person and if anything, I'm more like Chad than most. I'm not sure if you're baiting, but I don't want a conservative stay at home wife. That shit sounds boring as fuck, and I dumped my last girlfriend because she was too conservative.

I don't get what raising kids to "be my champions" does for me. Instead of slaving away at a 9-5 so I can send my kids to go do the exact same fucking thing millions of other middle class American kids are doing, I could be out doing something enriching with my life. Traveling, learning, or shit, just sleeping the fuck in.

Part of me realizes I'm the last chance to carry on the family bloodline, but is that really a noble pursuit anyways? I'm failing to see the point. The only half decent point someone has made to me was that I'll have someone to look after me when I'm old, but ehhhh... All I've watched growing up are my parents wishing they didn't have to put up with their parents' shit.

It used to be you needed kids and a wife just to get by, now they're a burden.
>>
>>17915209
>Is this just normal as someone in their 30s, or is this leak over from spending too much time on this site? Should I walk away and try to realign my thinking to how I was when I was younger and more optimistic?

No, you should look at all the people that post here (better yet /r9k/) and figure out why they're so miserable, and see if any of those reasons could be part of why you are too.

Also if you think marriage is doomed to fail that's half red-pill brainwashing and half crippling insecurity
>>
>>17915571

I'm not miserable, just not optimistic about anything relating to family.

My mom has been married 5 times (twice to my dad, back with him now), my uncle maintained his marriage until my cousin went to school, but this year blew his head off, leaving a note that blamed his ex, two of my friends have already been married and divorced... I mean, it just seems like I've been more exposed to broken down families over my life than happy ones. Coming to /adv/ probably skews this a little too - because most people don't make marriage threads here about anything decent at all.

I don't think marriage will fail because "women are evil" or some shit, I'm just seeing that it seems like marriage is outdated and much more risky for guys in general.

I remember having to live with my dad in a shitty one bedroom apartment as a kid when mom left him, and he's a fucking airline pilot that makes six figures. If I got married and suddenly only had half of my income down the line? I don't know how I wouldn't want to throw myself off a bridge.
>>
>>17915593
Marriage works, you just have to be adult about it. It is about giving, not about selfish pursuits like having someone to take care of you. Most marriages which fail fail because one or both parties are selfish brats.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.