[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we get a parent advice thread going? Any general parenting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1471876597359.jpg (31KB, 640x601px) Image search: [Google]
1471876597359.jpg
31KB, 640x601px
Can we get a parent advice thread going? Any general parenting tips/advice you feel are important.
I'm a young mother with a toddler and would like to hear any advice, regret, or things you feel other parents should know.
Im a anxious person and my son is already becoming his own person and I would like to be the best I can for him.
>>
>>17914943

good luck with this here

mostly dweebs

try reddit
>>
Don't have any.

No matter what you do you'll fuck them up somehow so don't stress over it too much.

You'll never be ready to have them and when you are you won't be able to.

Just when you're all settled life will throw you a curveball and fuck it up.

Act like a teacher not a friend.
>>
General tip: Relax, it is easier than in the first year.

Dos: You want to let him do stuff, fall and hurt himself occasionally, run outside a lot as soon as able, play games with him, particularly the ones which encourage imagination and creativity, teach him and show him lots of love, but give him limits and enforce them.

Don'ts: You DON'T want to show your anxiety by becoming an overprotective parent. You DON'T want to give him too much attention (you should watch him, but he can't know you watch him all the time). You want him to become emotionally secure, strong and independent. You don't want to make him a brat. If at all feasible, kick the tv out of your lives.

That is a start. My kids are both doing great, but they have a world champion mom. I do my father bit too, but she is the wonder which makes everything tick.
>>
>>17915891
I notice the tv addiction among my friends' toddlers and up. Literal tantrums if it's turned off. Can't wait till they get a hold of an iPad or phone.
>>
>>17916047
I try to keep them away from all of it. They get an hour of cartoons from my laptop, half in the morning and half before bedtime and that is it.
>>
No kids, but from what I observe you need to have at least 3 sons to be guaranteed any progeny that doesn't suck and fail. 3 seems to be the magic number. Below that you're just hoping for good rolls.
>>
>>17914943
Limit the amount of times you drop them on their head. The first 2 - 3x's you may get lucky, but eventually the odds will catch up with you.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.