[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/, this is my first time. I wanted to post my statistics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: ivy-league.jpg (186KB, 1131x899px) Image search: [Google]
ivy-league.jpg
186KB, 1131x899px
Hi /adv/, this is my first time. I wanted to post my statistics for college as I am a high school senior and want to know what I can feasibly get into. My general overview is that I have pretty good stats and E.C's (Extra Curriculars), but I'm just too boring because I'm white and upper-middle class. Here they are:

ACT: 34 composite (35 English, 31 Math, 36 Reading, 33 Science)
GPA: Unweighted 3.7 (my school has a college grading system, so if I went to public school it would be in the 3.9's)
Weighted: 4.32 (same issue as above, would be more in the 4.7's - 4.8's, but I could be wrong)
School Type: Private, International Baccalaureate
Intended major(s): 1. Business, 2. Econ, 3. Music
Ethnicity/Race: White
Income Bracket: Middle- Upper-Middle

E.C's:
>Have Played Double Bass for around 10 years, as was principal at a collegiate youth orchestra and was second chair in their university orchestra
>Have toured internationally with another orchestra
>Principal (first chair) for some smaller orchestras as well
>Vice President of Econ and Stock Market Club
>T.A. for IB Econ Class
>National Merit Commended Scholar
>Have a 3.8 GPA/transcript at an ivy league university, as I already took classes
>3rd degree black belt in Taekwondo (doesn't really matter)

And some other shit I dont remember. Basically, what do you guys think? I dont know what to think myself as I am getting acceptances from from schools like UT Austin and Indiana Bloomington with direct admission into the Business program and Honors Colleges, but I was rejected from Stanford and deferred from UMich (granted I'm a Californian so they defer a lot of non-mich people)

>TLDR: What do you guys think about my stats/what advice could you give me?
>>
Bump.
Similar situation. Kinda interested
>>
Goddamn you are such a nerd. You will go places in education though I assure you.
>>
Why would you ask this on 4chan go to CollegeConfidential or something.
>>
>>17912086
>CollegeConfidential or something.
All those faggots are just salty over everyone else. They never give an accurate description because they view you as competition.
>>
>>17912086
>>17912109

I agree with this anon. College confidential has too much conflict of interest and there is a high chance that an opinion would be withheld due to competition. Ironically, I believe this board is better in this situation as they are less likely to be biased.
>>
>>17912013
No idea why u put ur school type OP, but most of these places are impossible to get into. I had a friend who got into Yale Physics and it was for the most random reasons you could think of. She even had worse scores than I did.

There isn't really a formula for these types of things. You just have to talk to an admissions counselors. You seem like the type of person they'd want though.
>>
>>17912013

Go to UCD Berkley or UCD and save your money for your graduate degree when the institution really matters. If you aren't getting a a graduate degree then your undergrad institution has little correlation with future success, so stay in California.
>>
>>17912013
You're white. That being said any private school is going to instantly make it harder for you to get in, but don't worry "Asians" have it even worse.

Public Schools aren't legally allowed to do this, so you won't have to worry as much.

The best option for you is to find a good school that has multiple degrees that you could like to go into down the road.

Once that school has been picked try to find one of its smaller CC sister school and take all of your gen eds. It'll help you save money, and you'll be getting the same (in my opinion tougher) classes that actually develope you better.

Once that is done, transfer your classes to the main school and finish your degree. It'll have the big name school on the paper and it will only cost you like 50% of the total cost if you went their all 4 years.

The only way I would say to go to a big name Uni from the get-go is if they offer a really nice scholarship for all 4 years.

Also, yes it costs a lot to apply to schools, but apply to many of them, you will "make it back" if one of the school that were on the fringe on your mind offer a great deal. On top of that, a lot of school have waiver programs for even the application fee.

Take your time, and put as much critical thought into this as possible.

Also Good Luck!
>>
>>17912085
Thanks m8, I appreciate it.
>>
>>17912239
thanks, Ill think about it and ill take my time
>>
>>17912203
Not OP but what grad schools are good for people looking into finance?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.