[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's my problem. I have been ecstatically happy since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

Here's my problem. I have been ecstatically happy since the election because I always found HRC the worst imaginable person, and I've moved increasingly towards conservatism as the chaos of the last four years of Obama unfolded. For me, 2016 was MADE by Trump's election. The problem I have is - all of my friends are left-wing or liberals, as I am myself, nominally. I have an argument from the left for Trump being preferable to Clinton all ready to go, but I daren't even broach the subject with anyone for fear my real feelings will come out in the strafing that is bound to ensue. What should I do?
>>
>>17911677
You should realize you're the one smart person among all your friends and give up convincing them and find better friends.
>>
>>17911677
>What should I do?

well you could argue but be warned that you could be labeled as a racist.

most right wingers keeps quiet about their opinion because of all the hatred towards them.
>>
They don't call it "The Silent Majority" for nothing.
>>
Nothing. Get new friends if they're really that bad. Smart people don't talk about politics. The entire nature of politics, at least in today's system, is about duality. Well, it's always been but lately it's just been more divisive and vitriolic. I've been following politics all of my adult life, a little over 15 years now and I've voted in every national, state, and local election. Last year was something else. It was like babies first election. A giant was awoken, on both sides. Even during Obama's first election it wasn't this wild, well maybe it was but social media wasn't as big. I mean it was big but it's grown exponentially since and everything is just in your face now. You've got people with short attention spans, little information, and low information getting involved in politics, and it's on both sides, thinking they're political pundits now.

Anyway, just keep it to yourself and sit back. Don't talk politics with people. It's one of those things along with money and religion you just don't discuss.
>>
>>17911677
Don't talk politics with them. I'm fairly certain most of my friends would go full SJW and think I'm a nazi if we did. Save political compatibility for your partner/best friend.
>>
>>17911771
me and my best friend are political opposites about it and we can bust each others balls without getting butthurt

OP and his group of friends just sound like bitches. Why would you want to discuss politics anyway?
>>
Just start all of your sentences with "I voted for Clinton, but...<argument for Trump or critique of libtards>". Or with "I voted for <3rd party candidate>" if you are more ballsy.
>>
>>17911703
racist lost its meaning anyway
>>
>>17911677
Wait 6 months and see if you're still so enamoured.
>>
>>17911677
Barron looks like a mini-Patrick Bateman.
>>
File: pepeMAGA.jpg (24KB, 380x379px) Image search: [Google]
pepeMAGA.jpg
24KB, 380x379px
>>17911677
TRUMP
>>
File: donald-trump.jpg (47KB, 635x803px) Image search: [Google]
donald-trump.jpg
47KB, 635x803px
>>17911677
> I have an argument from the left for Trump being preferable to Clinton all ready to go
And only 2 months too late. Tell me, picked out your Halloween costume yet?

The election is over, Binky. Let it go, lest you become the whipping boy for every decision Trump will make over the next 4 years.
>>
>>17911905
Until the electoral college result, they were still scheming to prevent him from taking office. For all I know they still are, I daren't look. To me, it's not an out-of-date argument when people are still discussing it with such immoderate panic, treating it as some awful catastrophe.
>>
>>17911677
If these are proper friends they will still respect you. If not, they were never friends to start with. Hell, you may even cure them of their liberalism?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.