[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any good YouTubers or books on spirituality that are not scam?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: bald-spirit-guy.png (179KB, 955x476px) Image search: [Google]
bald-spirit-guy.png
179KB, 955x476px
Any good YouTubers or books on spirituality that are not scam?

Pic related, guy I watch on YouTube right now for self-development.
>>
>>17911289
alan watts
>>
Ajahn Brahm.
>>
>>17911289
Is spirituality related to religious? If not, this thread's for me too.
Just asking coz I don't natively speak English. :)
>>
>>17911293
>>17911303
Thanks for the suggestions, both look like well maintained channels!

>>17911312
No religious stuff. It is less about "You all need more Jesus", but more about exploring your character. Where are you from, my man?

Also general question for the thread, any one here meditating regularly, what are your experiences like?
>>
Jordan B Peterson
>>
>>17911326
Thank You. I like the explanation. I'm from Japan.
>>
>>17911457
Nice. Don't east Asian countries do a lot of spiritual work? Ever tried to come in contact with monks?
>>
>>17911377
I know a lot about Peterson from /pol/. He had some nice podcasts about SJWs. But besides that I don't know a lot about him. By the looks of his channel he teaches about psychology.

Going to give him a chance by listening to his lectures. Thanks for the suggestion!
>>
>>17911289
This guy is really weird and i don't agree with all he says, but some of his stuff are really good and helped a lot.

I still can't figure out if that kind of self-development stuff is a scam or not, though.
>>
Memeing aside, JRE?
>>
>>17911499
I searched for that acronym and found "The Joe Rogan Experience". Looks to me like a normal podcast channel. I'm afraid you have to elaborate about him and what kind of work he does.

>>17911498
I see where you are coming from and that's the same for me. I don't know if it's just spirituality work has this stigma from religious institutions or that this line of work involves a cult-like vibe.

Therefor I always enjoy if those channels do videos on critical/independent thinking.
>>
>>17911506
Well the thing is, i'm always VERY careful about that kind of self-actualization stuff.
I see a lot of people following it blindly, like "the TRUTH", and it's wrong to do so.
With Leo's videos, for example, what i do is i listen to what he says, ask myself if it's compatible with how i think, how i work, and if it would be useful to use that type of advice, and i just keep what i agree with.
His video on "how to have great sex" for example, some of it i think is very on point (how it's about giving pleasure more than receiving it, sharing emotions and intimacy, etc), but some of it i don't agree with (his stuff about "being the MAN, being dominant etc) so i just don't apply it.
>>
Geoff Thompson
>>
>>17911483
Nah, I never got into those stuff but lately I've been reading a lot about these. No, I haven't seen one. Mom and dad used to go to a monk place for something, other than that, I have not gone anywhere.
>>
>>17911506
He has regular podcasts with different guests that he interviews. There's over 890 episodes on his youtube channel he's had guests such as Jordan Peterson, Dan Bilzerian, Joey Diaz etc. Joe Rogan use to host Fear Factor and commentates for the UFC. He's into exploring human conciousnous, psychedelia, DMT and shit like that
>>
>>17911289
Watch
>>17911303
Ajahn Brahm

He's the top. Probably the most articulate modern philosopher that's out there right now.
>>
>>17911593
Haven't you ever wanted to fuck a girl from one of those Shinto monasteries in Japan? Some sheltered girl raised in the monastic life, but secretly she wants to see the dark side?
>>
>>17911623
>>17911303

I don't like listening to monks like Brahm. They have absolutely no perspective on what REAL life is like. The world of jobs and relationships that the rest of us mere mortals have to unfortunately deal with are still very real issues. Monks are in no position to comment on either.
>>
>>17911627
This is true, they deal in the ideal, there's a lot of impractical philosophy especially in eastern Buddhism.
>>
>>17911629

I appreciate that they have dedicated their lives to what they see as a higher cause. I can see that there can be a big crossover into everyday life from meditation etc. But seriously, who would ever take relationship advice from a repressed monk? I've heard Brahm talk about life in the monastery and dealing with abbots as being akin to working in a job. Its nonsense
>>
File: 1480706762557.gif (2MB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
1480706762557.gif
2MB, 250x140px
>>17911636
He would tell you to worry about approaching his lectures from your own context and perspective, and not worry so much about his.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.