[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you make yourself hardier against cold? I've lived

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1574.jpg (341KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1574.jpg
341KB, 1600x1200px
How do you make yourself hardier against cold?

I've lived in a cold climate all my life and I still start freezing like a little bitch as soon as temperatures are below zero outdoors or 17c indoors.
>>
>>17911198
muscles to generate heat and bodyfat to store it
>>
The term is "heartier" not hardier
>>
>>17911201
So getting buff really is the answer to everything, eh?

>>17911206
Oh, alright. English isn't my first language.
>>
It's a mindset. I walk around comfortably in light clothing in that temperature. The less you try to fight it the more you can tolerate it. Try not to shiver, it actually makes you feel colder.
>>
>>17911206
Uh, no it isn't?
>hardy
>adjective
>comparative adjective: hardier
>capable of enduring difficult conditions; robust.
>>
>>17911234
I never shiver, really. The worst is the stinging on my fingers and toes.

>>17911237
That's exactly the word I intended to use.
>>
>>17911234
This. I moved from Australia to Canada 2 years back and I had the same problem like OP. Over time, I some how learned not to care about shivering and went on. I also had severe asthma and when I came to Canada it was like suicide, once I go out. Now, it's all fine. A half sleeve shirt will do fine if I'm going out.
>>
>>17911254
I've lived here my entire life here and I still hate the cold.
>>
Get in some cardie. When your body is burning its fuel fuel in the recovery period, it's definitely warmer.

You can also to some degree convince yourself "wow this is some nice air conditioning out here, it was so damn hot inside" and make it feel like a more refreshing feeling. That doesn't really only works for about 10 minutes though till your brain tells you to fuck off with that stupid mantra.
>>
>>17911198
jerk off
>>
>>17911198
I just gave up. I decided to eat the costs of heating and normally set my heating to 72, sometimes 75F if really cold out.
Being cold fucking sucks
>>
>>17911247
Congratulations, you may not be able to tolerate cold well but your use of English is better than a stupid person who has grown up with English as their first language.
>>
>>17911393
I actually did learn english side-by-side with my first language, what I mean is that I was never taught it as a FIRST language.

Others were memorising irregular verbs while I was doodling tits in my notebook.
>>
File: theOA.jpg (14KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
theOA.jpg
14KB, 300x180px
“What’s the only way to fight cold?” he asks. “Become colder than it is”
>>
Conciously ignore it. This might sound a little weird but velieve me it works.
>>
>>17911198
Like pretty much everything, if you put your body trough it a lot it gets better.
Train yourself to withstand cold, build up your body weight (especially if you are underweight) and clothe yourself better
>>
>>17911364
Me too. Getting out of bed in the morning lately is like "you've got to be kidding me, this can't be fucking reality", it feels like the artic circle or something. And I live in Ireland where the climate is supposed to be relatively moderate. I'm beginning to worry what it's going to be like when I'm 40, 50 or more because I genuinely feel like I barely survive it as I am.
>>
Daily warm to cold showers man. They will build up your tollerance for the cold and they are a buzz. They are so invigorating it feels great. Plus for me ending cold makes me feel nice and warm when I get out.
>>
Your body will slowly adapt. Start dressing in less layers but don't be dumb about it. If it's negatives dress appropriately. Also if you aren't fat, start consuming more like whole milk and eggs. High calorie foods to give you energy and make your body generate more heat to compensate
>>
>>17911198
Ignore the "fuck it's so fucking cold" thoughts and think of something else, try not to focus on how cold your hands are too, pretty sure that's how it starts.
>>
>>17911198
Eat more. Your body will burn calories to keep you warm.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.