[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys. I got fired last night from my bouncing gig at a bar.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Hey guys. I got fired last night from my bouncing gig at a bar. Not that I think this job was a big deal or anything (I was only making $100 bucks a week from this gig), but the fact that I got fired at all should be an indicator I need to get my shit together.

How do I become a better worker, what mindset should I adopt so I become the golden boy employers crave?

I'm a college grad with a bio degree. I'm taking a gap year and I figured partying with sluts would be a great way to spend my gap year.

Please help me straighten out /adv/
>>
Bump?
>>
>>17909796
Bump.
>>
No offense but if you're 21+ and never had a gf, you are so far behind it's not even worth worrying about anymore. It's not going to happen. Even if it did, which it won't, you would be so inexperienced she would drop you in 1 day. You have to understand girls are hooking up and having relationships from the age 13 onwards. You're a fully grown man and you haven't even held hands. You cannot recover from that.
>>
>>17909664
If you want to attract bio employers you're going to have to put a lot more work than if you want to land a gig at the club.

Assuming you don't want to yell at drunks who are on the verge of pissing theirselves for the rest of your live and want to do something with your degree. What kind of extra work can you do in your field during your year off that can add value to resume when seeking employment within the bio industry? Whatever that is start doing it now.
>>
>>17909664
Honestly.. Could be a sign you didnt like that job in particular.

If you honestly cant give a fuck about what youre doing or your environment is wrong, nothing will make you a good worker.

Example from personal experience. Im the late guy. Could never get up in time for a shift, always walked in a minute late and so on... Cut class constantly in university. And i must tell.you i tried. I really did try my best. Even had a management job. Couldn't be on time to save my life!

Then started working as a carpenter. Ive been awake and on time every day for like 2 years now. I like my job. Mostly because im paid well. Didnt you say your bouncer job didn't pay well?
>>
File: cia.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cia.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>17909664
Were you fired for something you did? Or was it because you didn't meet the needs of the position?

Bouncers are, by necessity, big guys. Are you a big guy?
>>
>>17909664
You need to move to better city bouncers near me make over 150 per night
>>
>>17909808
I've been thinking about that. I think it would be helpful to sign up at a hospital or lab or go shadow doctors up help shape my medical career path.

>>17909813
Honestly hated it. But how I viewed the job was I was being paid $10 to stand and talk to girls all night

>>17909853
I'm a very muscular person. I've been training for 7 years. My problem is I'm sheltered and oblivious so when fights went down I was unable to anticipate them

>>17910087
Perhaps. But bouncing isn't my end goal. Being a better worker is. I just decided to do bouncing to practice game lol
>>
>>17909803
What the fuck are you yodeling about? Relationships aren't rocket science
>>
Dpeaking from personal experience I can think of a few very minor changes that are HUGELY important.

1) Show up 10 minutes early to every single shift. Think about road conditions and other possible time wasters that will happen the next morning IE getting gas. monday so highway is busy. Holiday season etc. Therefore you should provably wake up 20 minutes earlier and leave accordingly to still be 10 minutes late.

2. Never miss a day unless you are sick or plan in advance to miss a day. If you are feeling shitty dont cancle last second. Plan it a week in advance. Go ahead and say youre sick...but call it in a day early and take two days off to recharge those batteries. Now you havent fucked any plans or jobs up. They covered you.

3. Never be a negative complaining type of person at work. Eveyone will notice this attitude. While they might be nice to your face theyll talk shit behind your back.

4. If your boss throws a task your way say "absolutely. Ill get right on that"..even if you tink you cant do it. Your boss will admire your positive go get it attitude. Even if you fuck it up in the end. Dont worry...no voss is going to give you a challange that is detrimental yo the future of the company. Remember...the boss isnt dumb. They own the company for a reason. They sometimes want to test specific employees to see their capabilities. Always take the challenge.

5. Work an overtime shift once a month atleast. This will get your coworkers to like and respect you. Your boss will like it too and hey...It cant hurt the bank account. Nobody liies the guy That always refuses extra work because we have to lick up their slack. In the end those guys always get let go.
>>
>>17910172
Thanks for the tips!

Also thinking back, I tend to be pretty oblivious to my social surroundings. How can I improve on that?
>>
File: braveheartbruce.jpg (232KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
braveheartbruce.jpg
232KB, 1920x816px
>>17910149
> I was being paid $10 to stand and talk to girls all night
No you weren't. You were paid to stop fights and check IDs. I'm betting you let in any girl that flirted with you.

You probably tried to harass the customers as well, hitting on women with bfs. Good way to cause fights, not prevent them. You cost the bar customers and reputation - something which can kill any small business.

I would have canned your ass the first night too. Bar owners pay tens if not hundreds of thousands to open an operation. The last thing they need is to lose that because one of my employees treated it as his own personal pussy hunting ground.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.