[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sometimes I get this really weird Deja Vu type sensation, /adv/.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: whatthefuck.jpg (41KB, 817x588px) Image search: [Google]
whatthefuck.jpg
41KB, 817x588px
Sometimes I get this really weird Deja Vu type sensation, /adv/. I've had it my whole life. If I come into contact with certain stimuli, my mind, and to some extent, my body, has a response.

It's like my brain drops 300 feet at a rapid pace, and at the same time, I'm spinning and staring at funhouse mirrors, all contained into a split second. I feel extremely dizzy. It used to be enough to knock me down, back in my grade school days and earlier. Throughout middle school, HS, and uni, I've learned to control the physical aspect.

The funny thing is though, it's not like Deja Vu, because I didn't have to be there before. It almost always takes place when there's
A) nostalgic smells
B) nostalgic places

For example, in high school I visited my middle school drama teacher. I hadn't been there in years. It used to smell distinctly like vanilla perfume. As soon as I walked through the door, I was brought back to 7th grade. The Deja Vu thing happened, and along with it, an overload of memories.

That's another thing that sometimes happens, I get flooded with memories, sometimes pleasantly, other times... I wish I could forget. That's probably just normal sensory recollection though. The Deja Vu, head thing, is the weird part.

Is this normal? Similar experiences? Recommendations? Theories? All would be appreciated.
>>
well not so much with the intense memories, but the back to another time or place part is pretty common. you probably have an acutely sensitive mind, or a remarkable memory, or both. don't be surprised if reality leaves you spinning, your comprehension of it may be above the normal levels and you might not be able to connect with normies on that level
>>
>>17909650
Thanks for the feedback. Although I disagree with part of it, because I don't have a great memory, your reply has made me think of something I overlooked. One of my strongest characteristics, as I've been told, is empathy. I'm the type to cringe when I see people in pain, or be sad when others are. Perhaps this is an anomaly in which I am empathizing with my past self? Which would explain the emotion, but why the sensation?
>>
im certain the subconscious records 100% of input. degrees of how this can be recalled vary person to person, as well as the manner of recollection. the sensations are probably integrated with the memory?? empathy is a powerful thing, if you really need answers I would suggest reflection / meditation
>>
>>17909829
Thank you anon, I'll do that. I haven't been on top of my meditation lately.
>>
There might be something slightly wrong with your brain. Not to worry, I'm sure it's not serious. Deja Vu is most likely caused by the unconscious mind registering a surrounding slightly before the conscious mind does. This "out-of -sync" effect is experienced more strongly in the emotional part of the brain.
>>
>>17909581
Just to be safe do some brain scans and stuff. I remember reading somewhere there's a link between schizophrenia and psychosis and frequency of deja vu feelings. But I might be remembering wrong..
>>
I have frequent deja vu's and often I can "predict" what people are going to do. I'm skeptic of super powers, but can't be always a coincidence.

Another thing is the dizzyness like you described: it happens when I have an Eureka! or a great idea while I'm working on something. My eyes cross for a split second and I feel vertigo.

Another strange coincidence is that I get a whistle in the left ear whenever I'm about to recieve an important call or message.

Tell me I'm not crazy, nobody believes me and they call me monster when I predict their actions...
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.