[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to stop procrastinating?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: minnie-driver-sexy.jpg (45KB, 468x500px) Image search: [Google]
minnie-driver-sexy.jpg
45KB, 468x500px
How to stop procrastinating?
>>
You don't. Because what is the point of all this shit? I run this rat race just so I can stick my cold dead dick in a better vagina? That's all there is to this story? Are you fucking kidding me?! If I had the power to stop the earth rotating, I would fucking do it without a second thought.
>>
>>17908392
I see, but I'm missing deadlines at work, and it's kind of making my life miserable (and has the potential to endanger the lives of other people whose health I'm in charge of)
>>
>>17908397
Who cares. You are on a grain of sand floating through space. You can do whatever you feel like doing and none of it will matter.

Consciousness is suffering. You're only miserable because you decided that you should be.
>>
>>17908402
True enough, but as I do have things I enjoy in my life and I do like my job, and it makes me feel important and helpful, I believe I will be a lot less miserable if I manage to do it properly instead of wasting time jacking off. Of course it is subjective, but it's not a decision you can make consciously, for me a productive life is fulfilling while a life of procrastination is miserable.
>>
>>17908407
What element of the work is off-putting and what do enjoy about it?
>>
>>17908414
I definitely enjoy the results and the planning, also the human interaction and the puzzles. But there's a lot of bureaucracy which I absolutely can't stand and can't bring myself to do. Already lost a substantial amount of money because of it, and I'm gradually getting on the verge of risking people's lives. And it's not like I do anything better, I just jack off instead
>>
>>17908426
Is there any way to condition yourself to do it?
Dedicating one hour every day to the bureaucratic tedium and then rewarding yourself so you end it on a good note and end work every day on an enjoyable note.

You have to make it worth it somehow.
>>
>>17908437
Might be a good place to start. I tried just forcing myself into it, but I somehow end up on the internet after a few minutes. Maybe I'll make a daily habit of it.
>>
>>17908442
If you can do it on an offline station or a station restricted to work related applications it would be a lot easier, go paper if need be, the internet provides infinite procrastination potential far too easily.
>>
>>17908454
Good point, I'll try blocking out distractions, maybe even block my internet for the while I'm doing bureaucracy, hopefully it will help. Though I'm afraid I'll just find other way to procrastinate
>>
>>17908461
It's hard as fuck to break out of it, trying to force your way through will just make any distractions seem all the more alluring when really, you aren't missing much at all, just seems great comparatively, the more aware you are of there being distractions to indulge in, the harder it will be, blocking them out is best, make sure they are out of reach, unavailable, out of sight, out of mind. It's plain self-sabotage if you let it threaten a job you enjoy.
>>
JUST FUCKING DO IT

Don't look back.

Only look for motivation once you are in the job.
>>
Stop listening to this retard, OP.

Keep a schedule and stick to it. Take a break from the internet everyday for at least 1 hour, it'll do wonders for you.
>>
>>17908491
I had one, but couldn't keep it and when I broke out of it even a little I crumbled completely.
>>17908479
It is, but I'm afraid it's uncontrollable. Will definitely try though.
>>17908489
I am in the job though
>>
>>17908491
>Keep a schedule and stick to it

If that was possible he wouldn't be in this position in the first place you double retard.
>>
>>17908387
JUST DO IT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0
>>
>>17908387
I have the answer. I'll tell you tomorrow.
>>
File: fedra-11-marzo[1].jpg (132KB, 700x1036px) Image search: [Google]
fedra-11-marzo[1].jpg
132KB, 700x1036px
Use the Pomodoro Technique.

Seriously, it works. Once the timer starts going I don't dare disobey it and just keep working.
>>
>>17908652
Interesting, thanks
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.