[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Ive decided to start working out but I have no idea how to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 2016-12-30-19-12-15--775680772.jpg (5KB, 285x177px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-30-19-12-15--775680772.jpg
5KB, 285x177px
So Ive decided to start working out but I have no idea how to properly do it. Ive never felt the need to workout before because I've always been healthy but now that I'm getting older I want to stay in shape. I want my arms to get bigger and to get stronger. I have a pic related thing ij my basement that Ive bought but never used along with a dumbell and some weights. Is this enough to start working out with until I can get a membership to the gym? Do I just go downstairs and lay on my back and start lifting the thing or is there preparations or something. I legit have 0 idea what Im doing, I tried looking up how to workout but all the articles that show up are just how to motivate yourself not how to do it, also how long until i experience results?

I tried posting this on /fit/ but didnt get replies.
>>
its all about essential exercises at first,

squat
deadlift
bench

if u dont have a squat rack it'll be nearly imposible to it (safely), bench and deadlift alone is very good but squat is extremely important to pick up on ASAP.

look how to do bench and deadlift, if you want big arms look up curls u can do with your dumbells.

eat a FUCKton to what you normally do if are skinny. im skinny and never been a fan of eating, even if i like the food I find eating a chore so packing down 3000-4k calories a day was a pain in the ass.

if u hate eating like i do you can take advantage of 'dirty bulking' where you eat anything to achieve macros (fat, carbs, protein)) with no regard to exceeding one another, (ex. eating 3 big macs to get an easy 2000 calories, and 100g of protein but you got to much fat and carb).

taking advantage of dirty bulking is cheap and easy, and if you hate eating you can just 'fast' it all off when you start to 'bloat'.
>>
I lived at a college dorm at the time my first bulking and lifting, I gained 15 pounds in a month and my friends and roommates noticed improvement in my size, without even asking them

"yo I can see your chest and arms coming out man."
>>
YouTube is a beautiful thing to help you start out.
>>
>>17907721
>if you want big arms look up curls

Not working out your triceps... lol. You realize your triceps make up more on your arms than your biceps... This is how I know you have no idea what you're talking about, and dirty bulking is fucking stupid. If you want bigger arms, yes look at "curls", but more importantly look at close-grip bench press, kickbacks, tricep extensions (skullcrushers), push down, reverse push downs, etc.
>>17907725
Beginner gains are real. So you can expect this OP, sorta... But 15 pounds guy? Get real. That's nearly 4 pounds a week. If you sincerely put that much on, half of it was fat. You can increase your bench like 100lbs in your first year though but after that expect like 20-40 lbs. inb4 you can go more, you can but the point is you slow down a lot after initial gains.

>>17907808
This. It's all about form too. Check your ego at the door and work on form. If you hurt yourself you can't workout. So get your form down. Take everything you see with a grain of salt though. There's thousands of people giving advice and some of it is shit and some is good. Find out what is good and do what works for you. There isn't a one plan fits all routine.
>>
>>17907508
I started early this year going to the gym and these guys here
>>17907721
>>17907854

Offer some sound advice.

For me, as a newbee, my problem was form.
Form is suuuuper important
Like, I'd experiment and feel my body and change my form and suddenly the weight would be half as heavy.

Start with low weights and learn how to have good form.
It's not just safety (which is a huuuge factor) but it's also about working the muscles in the best way.

A heavy deadlift with bad form works your muscles less than a lighter one with good form.
>>
>>17907508
Buff Dudes youtube channel. They have a 3 month program for begginners. They teach proper form, nutrition, and everything you need to know.
>>
Read the sticky on /fit/. Seriously.
>>
I'm just going to add to what other anons have said
Stretch. Do a bunch of stretches to start your routine. stretch your arms, legs, your back, neck. Get your body moving, maybe run a mile, or skip the rope.
Basic excercises like squats and bench presses to get used to doing excercise, also to start tuning your muscles for the deadweights.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.