[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dad asks me if I'm doing anything for New Years >I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 804299.png (141KB, 490x324px) Image search: [Google]
804299.png
141KB, 490x324px
>Dad asks me if I'm doing anything for New Years
>I'm not
>I can see the disappointment in his eyes, that his 19 year old son lacks a human relationship outside his family
>he knows
>I know
>no one speaks
>looking at his face is like being punched in the gut
>he leaves
How do I make him proud?
>>
Why don't you ask him yourself? Don't be afraid of your dad. This is something you should really bring up with him.

Also go to church or join a civic organization to get some friends.
>>
>>17906893

Go to a new years event. Even if you don't have friends, itll be good to put yourself out there and try. Worst case scenario, you end up sitting quietly by yourself which you do at home anyway.
>>
File: Dragonite_fcdc34_1823549.png (1MB, 737x2159px) Image search: [Google]
Dragonite_fcdc34_1823549.png
1MB, 737x2159px
>>17906893
he doesn't get it.

it's a new age.

everything is digital

you can be around everyone, while being around noone now.

>mfw dad will never see the fireworks light up the two moons in the sky behind Stormwind while I sit on the wall with my internet girlfriend from the gates
>mfw dad will never know the joy of throwing snowball at your guildmates in Goldshire during winter's veil
>mfw dad will never know the team work involved of running a 25 man raid team through Tempest Keep as the main tank and leader
>mfw dad will never understand what i means to be a title holding arena PVPer during the glory days of WoW
>tfw dad will never see all the sexy lonely milf tits I've seen because I sweet talk them on ventrilo while their husbands are at work
>tfw dad will never realize I had the same experiences he's had in his life, just in a digital format
>>
>>17906902
yeah, talk with him. Did he raise some thieving thug? Pretty sure not considering you made this.

My dad was disappointed with my lack of social life as well, but don't worry about it. Every path you choose in life has its advantages and disadvantages. Solitude has a lot of things going for it as well, you get a lot more time on your hands. Whatever happens happens, it's not a competition.
>>
>>17906893
I lost all of my college friends, my only friends are my family members too.

Luckily we're all over 21 so for New Years I'm just going over to my sister's house.

I think it's normal. Either you make lifelong connections in high school or college, and you're set for life, or you don't, and you struggle to find friends for the rest of your life.

If you're dad's disappointed in you, then he's being ridiculous. Some people do not accel at meeting new people. Some people do not retain their old friends. It has nothing to do with how they're raised, it just is. If you're ashamed about it, you should change it. If you're dad's ashamed about it, he's fucking retarded.
>>
File: IMG_3485.jpg (38KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3485.jpg
38KB, 600x600px
>>17906893
>be me
>only leave my house to go to college
>parents tell me I need to go out with friends
>tfw I don't give a fuck
Feels good
>>
Same for me man. My mother is always "concerned" about me because I do everything myself. It breaks my heart for her to worry.
Oh well I suppose. Your dad just loves you man, he thinks you're unhappy
>>
>>17906913
I didn't even grow up with a dad but that meme makes me want to cry. I hope I'm the kind of dad my kids will be proud of and not afraid to love.
>>
At least you have a dad.
>>
>>17906893
This was me a few days ago apart from I think he felt sorry for me because the next day he invited me to go out with him and his girlfriend on new year's Eve
>>
>have "friends"
>have a social circle
>have a bf
>everyone abandons me when things get rough
>everyone forgets about me
>bf hurts me and cheats
>be lonely
>isThereAnybodyOutThere.mp3
>nobody but mom and dad
Love you mom and dad :)
>>
>>17906893
All my friends left town for college unfortunately, though my parents have been concerned like that before but at a point they've realized I'm not socially retarded and blame other people for being annoying fucks kek
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.