[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1466322229921.jpg (2MB, 2400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1466322229921.jpg
2MB, 2400x1600px
What would be better, choosing a safe job with quite some benefits but that I know I will not really like (English teacher) or gambling on a job with much less benefits but which appeals more to me (something more physical, e.g. cop, fireman or P.E. teacher)?
I'm currently studying English in Uni, but focusing more on editing and translating. However, I'm planning to get my CELTA or TEFL and going abroad for some years before settling back home. I'm just kinda anxious about jobs and job prospects now.
>pic unrelated
>>
>>17906314
Teaching English is probably the best thing to study if you enjoy traveling as you can get a job anywhere in the world. It's definitely not a bad thing to study.

If you're not that big into travelling then go to a trade school or engineering.
>>
>>17906325
I love travelling, but I'm kinda scared by the prospect of standing in front of 20-30 kids, most of whom don't want to be there in the first place. I'm also not that enthusiastic about some aspects of teaching (e.g. grammar and such). I've been volunteering at some place which teaches English to immigrants/refugees, and I've found that I really like 1-on-1 and small group stuff, but that's not available in my homecountry. So I'll probably be stuck teaching some high school kids or something, and that terrifies me
>>
>>17906352
Leave the country
>>
>>17906480
I will, but I love my homecountry and I'm definitely coming back to settle in about 5-8 years or so and I'll need a job when I return
>>
>>17906547
Sounds like a pretty good excuse to not take a chance on life but to each his own

Choose the safe job then
>>
>>17906573
Good point. My follow-up question is how do I get over my fear of standing in front of a classroom filled with 20-30 disinterested kids? The thought of it terrifies the daylight out of me
>>
>>17906314
I would say the second option personally.

My friends are jealous of my job even though I hate it like hell. The funny thing is, I just can't tolerate it but I see many other people doing my job, just to pay the bills, but they feel no pain from it.

Personally it's driving me crazy, I feel like the job is killing me.
>>
>>17906579
There's nothing to be afraid of, your only obligation is to leave a positive impression on those kids so stay focused and don't hesitate to be creative.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.