[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Things aren't going well at my second job right now. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: mothersimpson5.jpg (34KB, 622x477px) Image search: [Google]
mothersimpson5.jpg
34KB, 622x477px
Things aren't going well at my second job right now. It's a seasonal retail position and by the looks of things, I'm not going to be there in a month anyways. I don't like the job itself, I only earn minimum wage, my manager steps all over me, I don't seem to be getting everything since they didn't train me properly and working there just makes me feel like shit. How do I go about quitting? I've never had to do this before, What's the right way of doing this?
>>
>>17905423
Wait a month. It's seasonal, they'll fire you anyway.
>>
Read the contract, see what's the clause in case you quit early (or if there is any. Most shitty seasonal jobs have none). If you're fine with it go to HR or your manager, tell them you're quitting and be done with it.
>>
>>17905461
Do I need to give them a heads up? I don't want to give notice only to have another 2 shifts before I'm gone and have them be terrible
>>
>>17905444
This job is like pulling fingernails. I really do not want to stay for another month if possible
>>
>>17905708
Well it's considered polite to give them some time to find a replacement, but ultimately it depends on the contract terms and maybe the laws of your country. When I quit my last job I had to keep working for 20 days after I handed in my resignation. The alternative was to pay them half of a 1month salary or something like that. But, as I said, most seasonal retail jobs don't have this kind of clauses.
>>
File: 1413791778377.jpg (75KB, 557x763px) Image search: [Google]
1413791778377.jpg
75KB, 557x763px
just get yourself fired asshat..

swing for your manager
take a shit on the floor
pretend your a kettle for the day
do literally nothing at all then when questioned about it say you its international badger protest day.. or you put the wrong handcream on this morning.. get creative

how can you be scared to quit??
>>
If you live in the US in an at-will employment state then you can just stop showing up at any time for any reason
>>
>>17905461
>Read the contract
I honestly completely forget what my conditions for leaving were on the contract I signed. I didn't think to remember it expecting to not want to quit. I live in Canada if that helps anything
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.